1/48 - DH.103 Hornet F.1/.3 by Trumpeter - F.1 released - F.3 released

Homebee

If they get it right - oh, nuts I have, errrrr, 'several' :innocent:CA examples and a couple of Dynavectors in the stash.

If they get it wrong - oh, nuts, another wasted exercise.

Oh nuts, :yahoo: lets shout it loud and pray :pray: that they do a proper job and I'll take ten please!

(Just keep it quiet from the lovely Yvonne :wicked::whistle: )

Christian the Married and exiled to africa and dreaming of seeing PROPER Hornets flying, none of this gastly sucking and blowing...

• Like 2

Can we all chip in and shout their researchers a trip to the UK to measure an actual aircraft?

Anyone got a decent set of plans to forward to them?

With the speed that these guys work at - chances are the moulds are already made and it will be available in a month or two?

Cheers (with fingers and toes crossed for accuracy) .. Dave

Referring to the HpH Hornet build thread elsewhere on the forum, there appear to be no accurate plans to work to.

I think the Hornet is a fantastic looking aircraft but, given the mess Trumpeter made of the Vampire (so I understand from Johnners build thread also on this forum) I am not too hopeful.

Still, I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

regards,

Martin

Referring to the HpH Hornet build thread elsewhere on the forum, there appear to be no accurate plans to work to.

Martin

They're supposedly are from John Adams, but he expressed his desire to not share those plans with HpH. I believe he is helping Peter correct his Hornet though on here.

I think we are all of the same mind. Brilliant, but significant potential for a dog's breakfast. If the latter, I suggest we all chip in and buy one for Jonners and get him to correct it a la Vampire.

• Like 2

I think we are all of the same mind. Brilliant, but significant potential for a dog's breakfast. If the latter, I suggest we all chip in and buy one for Jonners and get him to correct it a la Vampire.

Let shop it doesn't come to that :)

Not that I wouldn't be up for it.....

Jonners

Worringly the catalogue pic for the F3 shows the prototype Sea Hornet F20 - but its an image that you could just grab online

Although I'm no 48th modeller, I'd quite happily buy one but given the utter abortions that Trumpeter have made of British aircraft that they can actually measure (Vampire and Lightning), I have grave doubts that this will be much better. Their Spiteful was so hatefully awful I sold it at a loss to to be shot of the horrid thing.

• Like 2

Since their best British aircraft models have been possibly based on CA kits then they should be OK. It'll be interesting to see if they include the same errors.

One part of me is leaping for joy! The other part of me is dreading this.

When Trumpy get it right, it's very, very good (Wyvern, Seahawk)...

...when they get it wrong it's truly awful and at best, a parody of what it should be (Vampire and Lightning - an egg kit would be more accurate)!

I genuinely hope they get it right and we can all rejoice, but if it's anything like the Lightning and Vampire...

There are people out there who say we should be thankful that a mainstream manufacturer is willing to make a kit of one of our Holy Grails and we should be grateful, tug our forelocks, genuflect and prostrate ourselves at the feet of said manufacturer even if it's horribly incorrect on the basis that it looks like what it should be, but I say if it's inaccurate and horribly wrong, no kit would be better! That way another manufacturer who could do a better job won't be put off by the poor sales of the inaccurate kit!

Wez

Edited by Wez

Well, I'm willing to be blindly optimistic. I hope, like some of the other FAA types they've kitted, they eventually release it in both 1/48 and 1/72 scales. :whistle:

John

But John, surely we should only offer such encouragement when they get it right?

Wez - feeling more pessimistic with every post!

• Like 1

But John, surely we should only offer such encouragement when they get it right?

Wez - feeling more pessimistic with every post!

Yes, of course - that's why it's so important that they release the 1/48 versions first. If they get it right, then we hound them for 1/72! Same goes for the 1/48 Whirlwind, although I'm quite happy with the Airfix Whirlwind ver. 2.0.

John

I'm one of those, if it looks like a ....... then it is a .......

I'm thankful that a mainstream manufacturer is willing to attempt this kit, and tbh at least they are adventurous, compare their new releases this year to Revell's.

Yes Airfix are going to get the most of my cash this year, but I'll buy one of these, and see how it goes, I'm a fan of trumpeter and sometimes they do get it right. so here is hoping

• Like 1

Hopefully any errors will complement those in tha CA kit so that a bit of cross-kitting will result in a perfect model.

Peter

The biggest thing they can check and double check is the fuselage length. The CA model is too short between wing trailing edge and fin.

Basing their model on the CA one will result in some other issues too.

Jonners, living in hope

• Like 1

The biggest thing they can check and double check is the fuselage length. The CA model is too short between wing trailing edge and fin.

Basing their model on the CA one will result in some other issues too.

Jonners, living in hope

If you get my drift, hopefully Trumpeter will get fuselage length etc correct but get bits wrong that CA got right.....

Peter