1/48 - McDD F-4B & J and F-4C & D Phantom II by Eduard (Academy rebox) - released - F-4J new bowing 02/2016

Homebee

Eduard is to rebox, as Limited Edition release, the Academy 1/48th McDD F-4B Phantom II as "Good Morning Da Nang" - ref.1186 - and as "Phantom Bicentennia" with Brassin resin adds on, HGW fabric seatbelts and Furball decals.

Academy new 1/48th F-4C and F-4D will follow.

Source: http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2014/info-eduard-2014-01EN.pdf

(...) Other companies plastic will continue to be offered in the Limited Edition line. The F-4B will do doubt become the most talked about Limited Edition release in our history. The F-4B will be released under two names, the first being Good Morning Da Nang!, and will offer the choice of five MiG killers from the Vietnam War. The other will cover the F-4B under the name Phantom Bicentennial, and will cover aircraft marked in honor of the 200th aniversary of the American Declaration of Independence. Naturally, we will also give some attention to the F-4C and D. The kit dubbed Good Morning Da Nang! will be interesting in the accessories included, and will be one of the most ambitious to date in this line and will include not just photoetched, but also Brassin seats, wheels and exhausts, fabric seatbelts produced by HGW, and the decal sheet will be a premiere in and of itself made in the USA, designed by Furball Aero-design.

Box art?

Anyway Vietnam era VF-84 F-4B markings were different. See here: http://www.almansur.com/jollyrogers/phantombones

Looks like a F-4B with VF-84 F-4J markings...

F-4B_zpsc15af7f2.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Eduard has the markings correct: VF-84 abandoned the wavy flag for the black tail design for the 1966 cruise and there are pictures of this same Aircraft (Bu.No. 151492) with this scheme. The same aircraft was later lost the following year to AAA while serving with VF-21

The bicentennial boxing sounds curious: by then many F-4Bs had been converted to the F-4N standard, wonder if Eduard will provide these parts too.

Mind, the aircraft depicted in the Academy original F-4B box actually IS an F-4N ! Early Ns without the ECM antennas on the side of the intakes are impossible to tell from an F-4B with slotted stabilators

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Box art.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline#!/photo.php?fbid=789789707702645&set=a.789788781036071.1073741977.116570475024575&type=1&theater

Enjoy the box design for the March F-4B release of Vietnam era Phantoms. This kit is based on Academy plastic parts and upgraded by Eduard Brassin and PE accessories and large decal sheets printed by Cartograf.

Markings and accessories previews will follow soon. Phantom artwork by Katerian Borecka, box design by myself.

Good Morning Da Nang!

1798833_789789707702645_402521860_n.jpg?

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 1 month later...

Eduard has the markings correct: VF-84 abandoned the wavy flag for the black tail design for the 1966 cruise and there are pictures of this same Aircraft (Bu.No. 151492) with this scheme. The same aircraft was later lost the following year to AAA while serving with VF-21

The bicentennial boxing sounds curious: by then many F-4Bs had been converted to the F-4N standard, wonder if Eduard will provide these parts too.

Mind, the aircraft depicted in the Academy original F-4B box actually IS an F-4N ! Early Ns without the ECM antennas on the side of the intakes are impossible to tell from an F-4B with slotted stabilators

Would you be so kind and share with us the mentioned photo(s) of No. 151492 machine? Or, at least, in what publication it can be found? Thx...

• 9 months later...

Source: http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2015/info-eduard-2015-01EN.pdf

(...) This year, (ndlr. 2015) we will also continue on with the Phantoms using Academy’s kit released as a ‘Good Evening, Da Nang!’ boxing, focusing on the F-4C/D of the USAF. This will be followed up by the F-4J at the end of the year.

V.P.

• 8 months later...

I saw both these Eduard limited edition "Good Morning" and "Good Evening, Da Nang" boxings for the first time this weekend (at the East Yorkshire show), at a very good show price, also Hataka sets of USAF paints for the SE Asia theatre at a good price, but I didn't know about this kit boxing so didn't buy it as I have the new Academy one in my sites - now I know this is the Academy kit but with loads of extras, and was such a good price, I'm kicking myself for not purchasing one! I'll have to look out for one at Telford.

Their very nice kits, but in my opinion well over priced when they were first released for what you get over the basic Academy kit.

Look at the F-14 kit when it was released, close to £80 odd pounds, now on offer at MJW, here on BM, at just over £43, now that's more like it

• 3 months later...