Hawker Hurricane Mk.I 1/72 Airfix

Hey folks,

this is the Airfix kit built with few corrections and aftermarkets.

The L1926 was one of remaining rag wing machines of the 312.(Czechoslovak) squadron that took part in the famous scramble over Mersey on 8th October 1940, when trio of Hurricanes piloted by F/Lt Gillam, P/O Vasatko (L1926) and Sgt.Stehlik shot down Ju 88A-1 during three-minutes engagement, while the total mission time did not exceed 10 minutes! The poor German crew could not guess that at the controls were three aces with more than 30 kills altogether.

Cheers

Libor

Hurry_01_zpsb19a3257.jpg

Hurry_02_zps8e0d8adb.jpg

Hurry_03_zps42b9c9c3.jpg

• Like 25

that looks awesome, you certainly have the Gift! :) on more sad note (from my view) you also have the gift to make your awesome kit few days before mine is finished, its hard to motivate again to finish the work after seeing your outstanding job.. :)

I love it Libor,

I was going to do this aircraft too, especially as I`ve flown from the old Speke airfield in a WW2 aircraft and as we took off I actually thought of the 312 (Czech) Sqn scramble and Ju 88 kill before their wheels had even retracted.

Great craftsmanship as usual, the dropped flaps look great and I`m glad that you`ve moved the ailerons as I`ve just done that on an Airfix Hurri that I`m currently building as well!

Cheers

Tony