Airbus A350-900 (Revell 1/144) Flight Test Livery

• 4 weeks later...

After something of a hiatus, I have finally done a little more on this one. Some paint on the engine cowlings:

14007650102_03469f679f_c.jpg

photo by Caution Wake Turbulence, on Flickr

Obviously still pylons and some detailing to do...

Still working on ideas for detailing the intake...

Not all that happy with the uneven fan blade spacing and alignment. :weep:

Andrew

• Like 2

I very nearly bought this kit yesterday when I visited my LHS because of this build, but then I remembered how much me and airliners don't mix, so I'll just happily sit here and watch you make a grand job of it instead

Your landing gear is fantastic, as is everything else!

Looking forward to seeing more

MH

• 3 weeks later...

Having negotiated some time off from childcare responsibilities, I've managed to do a bit of modelling! :yahoo::pilot:

Anyway, after knackering myself this morning, slogging up and down the North Downs on my bike, my legs have turned alternately to jelly and stone, so I had no choice but to retire to my workbench. :bristow:

Without further ado, here's a picture of some white plastic, with some white primer on it:

14295224173_8d7535b631_c.jpg

A350 - Fuselage Primed by Caution Wake Turbulence, on Flickr

Will try and get some coats of gloss on to it later. Then on to the wingy bits....

I've been gradually buying up stocks of Model Master Canadian Voodoo Grey Enamel, but haven't actually tried it yet, so this will be the first test subject. Any advice on what to thin it with etc?

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 1

I would use Model Masters own enamel thinner or Humbrols for that matter. I use these two thinners on all my enamels Humbrol/Model Master/ Xtracolor works like a charm both of them.

Evening all,

well, I have furnished myself with some Humbrol thinner and started painting some of the Airbus grey parts - going quite well so far - pictures soon.

In the meantime, the main gear is gradually coming together:

14299971704_f307856a5a_c.jpg

A350 Main Gear by Caution Wake Turbulence, on Flickr

which I am quite pleased with. Just need to get on with the other one!

Going to start laying down some gloss white on the fuselage soon, I found a couple of areas that needed a little more attention with some filler....

Hopefully more at the weekend.

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 3

First main gear assembled - I'll add the drag struts when I install the gear at the end - just to get the alignment right.

14125543569_9e376e9460_c.jpg

Untitled by Caution Wake Turbulence, on Flickr

14125663067_e7e3858ff4_c.jpg

Possibly a little too grubby, but let's just say it's been working hard on the test programme... :winkgrin:

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 4

Hi Andrew,

That looks great so far! The main landing gear certainly look better dressed up a little but you are right, they do look a little grubby. easyJet's Airbuses don't look that dirty! Looking forward to seeing this beautiful jet finished.

Possibly a little too grubby, but let's just say it's been working hard on the test programme... :winkgrin:

Cheers,

Andrew

You could always argue it's just completed its aborted take off test ;)

• Like 1

Hmm, might try and clean up the gear a little....

Anyway, I've unmasked a few windows and it's not looking too bad - still a little cleaning up to do:

14324515221_d578cae1c7_c.jpg

As usual, the liquid mask has probably been on far too long, but hey ho...

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 1

wow - those undercarriage pylons look magic - and in need of a good polish!

Top marks to you - I have enjoyed following this build. I had the choice last month of buying either the Revell A350 or 787 and could not choose between them at the time, so I randomly grabbed the 787 being left wondering what I was missing out on having not picked the 350. Keep up the good work ,,,

• Like 1

Some progress on the engines. Not really sure I've matched the Alclad shades to reality all that well, but practice makes perfect - seems a bit of a dark art to me... really must remember to make a note of which colours I've used for what!

14164747467_69230f1cc8_c.jpg

14351243605_8a0790b8fb_c.jpg

14371416863_e47110d888_c.jpg

Next onto the intakes.... :winkgrin:

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 3