Last completion for 2013

Here my last one for 2013, the new-tool Airfix Gladiator modelled as the Chinese option from the new Xtradecal sheet:

CAF Glad 01

CAF Glad 02

CAF Glad 03

CAF Glad 04

Aplogies for the poor pictures - I actually completed this on Christmas Eve, but today's had the best daylight since then! It's a bit depressing only getting 4-5 hours worth of good daylight this time of year! :weep:

Mike. :)

Edited by MikeR
  • Like 4

Thanks guys! :thumbsup2:

Nice work on a different scheme! And the Airfix representation of fabric covered surfaces looks excellent.

That said, a Glad does appear a bit naked without rigging… ;-)

Happy New Modelling Year!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Weeellll..... This was a quick build, so I didn't bother! :whistle: That, and I've nothing suitable "in stock" to do the rigging.....

nice gladiator, never seen it in chinese colours so its kinda refreshing :) how was the kit? thinking about some finnish gladiator :)

It's a nice kit. Generally the fit is pretty good, although you'll need to take some care around both the fit of the lower wing at the rear and also the part in front of the cockpit. Also, test the fit of the wing and fuselage struts into the wings - some sanding will be needed as otherwise it's very tight. The same goes for the fit of the wheels on to the undercarriage struts and the closed glazing is a bit "neat" as well.

Mike. :)