Robvulcans mad output 2013 Trains, Planes, Vulcans too, Tanks, Dios, Spitfire...

robvulcan

Hi all. Welcome to my summary of the year.

For me 2013 has been a funny year I was sick for the first 5 months but it give me plenty of time to model. Its been a great modelling year for me and I got to meet many people of here attending my first shows at Cosford and Telford WOW the model shows Rock as do the people I have had a lot of inspiration this year and modelled more that ever.

VULCAN B2 XM650

Well I have been making many of these Dragon 1/200 Vulcan's Here we have XM650

xm650fademotionsmoke_zpsb92f7182.jpg

XM605 Vulcan B2 again Dragon 1/200 made the same time as XM650

xm605_zps3598bac9.jpg

XH558 1992 Vulcan B2 This is another Dragon kit Made to represent XH558 In 1992 I changed some of the decals and made my own too to make the entrance door script and the old large dayglow orange ejector seat triangles. I also tried very hard to get her camo pattern as close to accurate as I could.

xh5581992climbout_zps938371f4.jpg

VX777 AVRO 698 PROTOTYPE 2 AVRO VULCAN. Dragon 1/200th kit again but heavily modified wings, engines, tail, tailcone. decals from xtradecal.

VX777CLIMBOUT_zps281cfc1a.jpg

XA900 Vulcan B1 Extensively modified Dragon 1/200th Kit modified wings engines tail and tail cone.

XA900PASS_zpsa0ed24b8.jpg

XH498 Vulcan B1a again and extensively modified Dragon 1/200th mainly wings and engines but the tail cone tip is different to the others.

xh4982copy_zpsdb20c3d6.jpg

My old Dragon Vulcan B2 XH588 which I added new decals modified the tail etc and basically refinished.

xh558glintwingwave_zpsda29cc25.jpg

XJ783 Vulcan B2 This is another Dragon 1/200th with modded tail cone.

xj783_zps30cee816.jpg

XM599 PIT ROAD 1/144th Vulcan B2 in intermediate 60s/70s scheme Lovely kit this.

XM599PASS_zps4eb7e434.jpg

XM606 Vulcan B2 70s scheme Dragon 1/200th kit again Can't get enough of it (noticed lol)

xm606climbout_zps5c2dcccc.jpg

XM575 Vulcan B2 Dragon 1/200th no mods

xm575climb_zpsb42f277c.jpg

HARRIER GR9 Revell 1/144th finished on New Years day 2013.. Lovely little kit.

c4_zpseddc4529.jpg

My ongoing upgrading and modding renaming renumbering Hornby A4s Most the paint is original Hornby but numbers/letters come from Foxx Transfers, Nameplates from Model Masters and Foxx again. Gloss from Humbrol rattle cans Minor paint variations by me.

Mallard 4468 as preserved in the 60s onwards

IMG_1817_zps719be2c7.jpg

Sir Nigel Gresley 4498 As preserved in the 60s

IMG_1823_zps97a44463.jpg

Bittern 4464 as preserved today

IMG_1820_zps83a9f46c.jpg

Peregrine 4903

null_zps49884951.jpg

Mallard 60022 with Andrew K McCosh 60003

null_zps3450ea3a.jpg

null_zps0f514131.jpg

IMG_1827_zpsa2340741.jpg

TORNADO Revell easy kit from the early 90s bought for my by my mum and dad. I decided to stick it together and paint it up one weekend for a quick bit of fun.

tonka_zps7331dd8c.jpg

Airfix DRAKEN Whiff repainted this year into a fictitious German scheme just for the hell of it. No story for this one I am afraid other than I had spare paint and decals I liked.

draken_zpsaec2a274.jpg

SPITFIRE MKVb 1/32 Hobbyboss Must be the best model I have made and my dads Christmas present. Finished with base at 3.30 AM on Christmas Day with a pint !

202B9881-6984-4470-ABA7-123F9DC575E2-575

T34 My first ever Tank This is the Armour fast OOB.

t3434334_zps15bf04bc.jpg

HARRIER GR3 Matchbox. For the Very good fun Obsolete Kit GB The Jaguar still is not finished but might well be before the year is out. Cheers to Col Enzo and Mish with the GB it was great fun.

gr32motion_zpsd4ebd81f.jpg

XH535 Vulcan B2 GWH 1/144TH Kit on a QRA Pan dio Based on Waddington made for Precision Ice and Snow for the Telford IPMS show. That was a lot of fun.

XH535_zpsf8c5bdc0.jpg

FOXBAT Hasgawa 1/72 made for Precision Ice and Snow at IPMS Telford and for the Obsolete Kit GB

fox_zpsb143de9d.jpg

bat_zps296dab5d.jpg

LANDROVER In the snow Diorama. This was My First ever Diorama and Made for the Review I did for Precision Ice and Snow and Also Displayed at Telford IPMS.

null_zps2224846c.jpg

null_zps0c45e93b.jpg

Going to Telford and Cosford displaying the models and meeting people was the Highlight for me. This was the 2 Tables. Precision Ice and Snow Telford.

and Cosford impromptu showing next to Canberra Kids Table.

null_zps744a98ba.jpg

73C2FBB7-251E-4944-9D9E-DEBB47D90F21-296

It has been a fantastic year for me. Ups and downs with health and family stuff but there has been more modelling than I have ever done. This post has shocked me to be honest and its great to look back and see what went one.

I hope you like the photos Some of the Models here have not had their own RFI yet and some models are not featured here that I have made this year but this is the main highlights.

Cheers to you all and have a very happy 2014 Happy New Year !

Rob ;)

Edited by robvulcan
  • Like 5

I might have missed something but I am done now feel free to comment if you like.

All I can say is its been fun but I don't normally do this much modelling... AND I did not realize I had quite this much till now....PHEW......

Cheers Rob ;)

Still not sure why your forum name is Robvulcan?

Loved the Foxbat in the GB and still think it looks great. I have a soft spot for Landys too, so like the winter dio a lot.

• Like 1

Great years collection Rob and a superb mix reminds me of years ago when I had a wider scope in my model choices,the land rover is a stunner,great dio that had

me turn the fire up to full very atmospheric! and although I,m not a train buff they are superb(just after the war my dad had a brief spell as a fireman at Gateshead

and mentioned the Mallard as one he worked on).hope next year is as productive.

Still not sure why your forum name is Robvulcan?

That snowny tailend of the Foxbat is just art. Very nice!

Cheers,

Mike

LOL yes I am obsessed with the old big beast that is the Vulcan but its not my only love.

Glad you like the Foxbat it was a good kit to build but a bit of a pig in places.

Cheers Rob

Loved the Foxbat in the GB and still think it looks great. I have a soft spot for Landys too, so like the winter dio a lot.

The foxbat build was good fun the GB was amazing fun loads of good work and banter going on that is what a forum should be for.

The Dio was the most refreshing bit of modelling I have done the Landy I cant take credit for as its just an oxford diecast but they are very nice models. I just did everything else with a helping had from nature with the materials like real soil and tea leaves..

Cheers Rob

Cheers Rob. Happy New Year to you too.

My New Year's resolution is to try some airborne model photography like yours :)

Cliff

Hi Cliff yes you must have ago but please make sure they are secure if you do it the way I do with them mounted on the end of a pencil with lots of blue tak.

I really enjoyed your Sopwith Camel Build I really want to get mine on the go soon.

Cheers Rob

Impressive work. You must see Vulcans in your sleep!

Sometimes I have actually though it may seem I only love Vulcans I do have many other interests promise... lol I really do but I do have a strong love of the Vulcan and I am trying to do as many variants as possible and I just love making them.

Still got more to make and more to finish.

Cheers Rob

Nice one Rob,

If you look around the forum, you may find that some manufacturers make other models than Vulcans! :)

Happy new year ;)

Guy

Really I havent noticed I have triangular shaped pupils and can only see things that are triangles lol. HAAHhaha Don't worry I have plenty on the stash pile and most of it is not Vulcan related and I hope to get some made this year. Itching to start my Bristol Britannia, Comet 4B, Vickers Viscount, Canberra B2, Javelin, Dakota, Spitfires, Harriers, TSR-2 etc etc.. Never made this many Vulcans in one year Its mostly due to me being very ill and wanting to make something small and something that did not take much brain power so I guess this is why I made so many and went to crazy lengths to mod 2 of them into B1s which pushed my modelling somewhat.

All good fun though.

Cheers Rob

Great years collection Rob and a superb mix reminds me of years ago when I had a wider scope in my model choices,the land rover is a stunner,great dio that had

me turn the fire up to full very atmospheric! and although I,m not a train buff they are superb(just after the war my dad had a brief spell as a fireman at Gateshead

and mentioned the Mallard as one he worked on).hope next year is as productive.

Thanks Steve glad you like the Dio though I only made the Dio the landy is and Oxford Die cast.

Very VERY cool your Dad was a Fireman on Mallard that is about one of the most prestigious jobs ever and a damn Hard job too.

I was stood on the footplate of the real Mallard and Bittern recently at York NRM for the Great Gathering event which is amazing if you can go you should.

Cheers Rob.

Hope you all enjoy this last day of 2013 and get some models done lol. All the best for 2014 may it be happy and full of plastic for all

Cheers Rob ;)

Edited by robvulcan

Very nice collection. I will remember the trick of photographing some of MY efforts in silhouette, could lead to a great improvement... :winkgrin:

hahaha Indeed If I turn up the contrast even more I would not need to bother painting them haha. The weather has sadly been bad for most though I like the moody shots. I wish there was more days like the shots of XH498 that was a nice summer day.

Cheers Rob

Great stuff Rob, you have been busy ! didn't realize you had so many locos, gotta love the A4's, beautiful machines !!..the old Foxbat came out well too...lots more next year then !

Melchie..

Oh I have more locos that model aircraft, I am mad about Railways too. I have many interests other than modeling and Vulcans. My rooms are like toy shops really. Model kits, Railways, Transformers ETC. Never Grown up never wanted too really.

Oh there Is plenty more on the stash. I don't know were to start. I guess shifting the KUTA stuff and finishing off what I have on the go already which is a lot to be fair. but I will have to tackle that stash... Its getting scary now...

Cheers and Happy New Year Rob ;)

Great collection there Rob, if I had to pick I would say the foxbats my favourite, nothing obsolete about your build and reminds me what a beast of a plane it is, you could build a house in those exhausts :)

Have a great new year, Stu

Great stuff Rob, looks like you've really tried out a good range of new things this year, as well as more of your excellent Vulcans!

Cheers mate I try. I also endeavour to get more diverse. next year. Cheers Rob

I've warned you about this before, Rob. You're not supposed to download pictures of the real thing from the internet and pass them off as your own work... :tease:

LOL you flatter me mate. It does save build time just photographing the real one. lol

Cheers Rob

Great collection there Rob, if I had to pick I would say the foxbats my favourite, nothing obsolete about your build and reminds me what a beast of a plane it is, you could build a house in those exhausts :)

Have a great new year, Stu

Many thanks. The Foxbat was fun and a beast, I have always loved it the kit had been on the top of the pile for a while. I was glad to have such a good reason to build her.

Happy new year to you all Cheers Rob ;)

What a very prolific year you have had Rob. The A4's look superb and you are obviously an LNER man, with me being from the North West side of the country I favour LMS :bleh: although I must admit that the A4's had a distinct advantage in looks over the streamlined Coronation Class I always thought that they looked better when the streamlining was removed.

All the best for New Year mate. :)

What a very prolific year you have had Rob. The A4's look superb and you are obviously an LNER man, with me being from the North West side of the country I favour LMS :bleh: although I must admit that the A4's had a distinct advantage in looks over the streamlined Coronation Class I always thought that they looked better when the streamlining was removed.

All the best for New Year mate. :)

Many thanks mate Glad you like the A4s. I actually and from the North West myself originally. I was born and lived in St Helens. I also lived in Wigan and Upper Holland near Billinge for a while.

I love the LMS, GWR, Southern, LNER, Pre Grouping, BR, Just hate privatisation... I am a particular fan of the A4s they are just Beautiful looking machines and they sound lovely too. I have also Driven Sir Nigel Gresley so I am biased I guess.

I like the Coranation but prefer them like you do without the streamlining,. They look more like a lady's toy with the streamlining on lol.

For my its the original Princess Royal class that I love I have a model of 6201 and cant stop looking at is. Such A beauty.

I hope you have a fantastic New year too mate. Cheers Rob ;)

Great collection and now I think that later this year you may need to change you forum name to "robspitfire" ? :)

Lol I thought that myself... AHAHA. .

I dont have the best username do I its pretty stupid and I would like to change it.

Thanks have a fantastic new year mate. Cheers Rob

• 7 months later...

With that output, when do you get time to play guitar?

Well I had not played as much as usual last year due to health and computer problems. This year is different, and the output much reduced. I have alot on the bench in various staged but think I have only managed to complete one model this year XL426. Should get a few done this year though.

Cheers Rob ;)