BMW R12 German motorcycle and sidecar - Revell 1/35th

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Start.

Having done a few bikes myself, plenty of patience and painting of little bits is required on these.

Nice finish on the engine and it looks like a good fit.

Look forward to more pics.

Cheers

Keith

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

Nice to see it being built before I can crack on with my kit^^ a built to follow:)

Used to paint GW miniatures for years (still got plenty paints left), but when started airbrushing Citadel paints proved to be very difficult to work with. Do you use any thinners for them?

cheers

There is lots of information on the site about using citadel paints. Check out post 127 onwards.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234954230-gb-chat/page-7

Sorry to go off topic baldmanwithsnake.

Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, this has stalled for a bit as I indulge my hobby butterfly and paint some 28mm French Hussars......

Used to paint GW miniatures for years (still got plenty paints left), but when started airbrushing Citadel paints proved to be very difficult to work with. Do you use any thinners for them?

cheers

Hetzer, I only try and spray Citadel paints though my airbrush when I am desperate, I normally use Vallejo Air, although these are very delicate as the paint rubs off really easily on handling.

Citadel paints are my preferred choice however for brushwork, check the pig out lol

• Like 1

thx for reply:)

after all these (citadel) paints are designed for brushwork only, so in reality should not be used with airbrush (but who cares xD)

regarding the pig, will wait for final results - and will get my fork & knife ready.

cheers!

• 1 month later...

Cheers, it kept on trying to escape on it its own last night, kept on dropping the blessed thing when I was trying to attach the front wheel assembly to the main body.

It's all attached now, just need to do a bit of touch up work and then attach the side car......

More pics tonight hopefully.

Thanks spit, I'll be glad to get it off my workbench to be honest, it seems to have taken for ever.

I'm looking forward to doing the rider though, more in my comfort zone. Applying the weathering and the mud will be interesting as well, although not at all in my comfort zone.

I decided to repaint the zeltbahn/canvas thingy that goes on the back of the sidecar tonight, I think it looks better now, pics to follow.....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Billy

Did some more, decided to re-paint the zeltbahn/tarpaulin thingy

20140510_143423_zpsms432g9b.jpg

Here is my work room as of last night

20140509_071518_zpsmq9u3ls3.jpg

started on the rider

20140510_143643_zps7xgf8dgq.jpg

20140510_143655_zpsdoklepg2.jpg

Although he's not to far from finished really.

It is almost June and this project started last year, why has it taken so long.....

Still, I am enjoying it and learning stuff. My Mrs will be back from work in a minute and we'll nip off into town for a couple of G&T's, I'll do a bit more tonight hopefully.

Cheers all and have fun modelling

• Like 4

Lovely looking BMW (Bacon Motorcycle Wagon). :thumbsup:

Edited by Humbrol007
  • Like 1