Lotus F1 Show

Amazing! fantastic work and original way of displaying them you could be in Brooklands or Beaulieu motor museums. My great Uncle up until 1974 did the Lotus exhaust systems & we have a couple of trinkets thanking his firm for helping win the championship

Edited by fraxinus

Absolutely outstanding stuff - thank you :thumbsup:

Fantastic to see the turbine car in there, saw that race at Silverstone once.

Phenomenal performance, incredible thirst, but not responsive enough to actually race - an experiment that Lotus would probably rather forget.

• 3 weeks later...

What a great dio that is. Hard to believe its not a real museum. Well detailed and nice touches, love the photos of the drivers.Well done and thanks for showing. How big is that "room" ?

Fantastic work, looks so realistic it's incredible! Must have taken a great amount of time and effort to complete the entire diorama, but the results are jaw-dropping; something to be very proud of! :)

Edited by Mafney

As a modeler of 45 years, I am absolutely stunned at this brilliant display. For a while I thought that I had actually stepped into a museum.

I loved the idea of the display and the quality is second to none.

Well done for such an original idea.

Regards

Kevin

what livery is the blue 49 from? I really like that, I would like to build one as well.

Hi John, Are you planning an annex with any more? There's the Lotus 25, JPS 72, the lash up 96T conversion, 79s.... go on, please! It's amazing how well covered the history of Lotus Grand Prix cars is, just the obvious doldrum years as obvious omissions.

Edited by Vicarage Vee

what livery is the blue 49 from? I really like that, I would like to build one as well.

Here is a link to my Rob Walker models

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234950283-racing-with-rob-walker-120th/

John-w's Motor Show

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234930030-john-ws-motor-show-the-golden-age-of-motor-sport/

John-w

One of my next models will be the Lotus 43 with BRM H16 engine

Awesome! I just love these. I have the Tamiya version of the 49 in 1/12. Can you point me to a site that I can get some of the conversion bits? What have you used that worked well? I might build one as the true Lotus Team version, then build a second in the Rob Walker livery. Truth be told, I like that one better than the Lotus team version.