New Products in the works at Hypersonic Models

JeffreyK

Hello everyone,

before we all sink under the table boozed up on mulled wine and Christmas pudding, I just wanted to draw your attention to some new products I'm currently working on.

Those are early 370gal wing tanks by Mc Donnell for the F-4 Phantom. You can see these on all pictures of the early F4H-1, many F-4B's and also on F-4C's (mainly the ones in ADC grey). The tanks have been tooled with CAD and 3D printing and after lots of post-printing refinement, the masters are nearly ready for moulding. The tanks come with (handed) pylons and wil have mounting pins for both Hasegawa and Academy wings (remove the ones you don't need).

Here are a couple of CAD renders:

Tankrender1a_zps1271ff8f.jpg

Tankrender2a_zpsad9d2a1e.jpg

I'm also working on F-4 canopy details - resin and PE inserts to dress up the bare inner canopy surfaces on both the Academy and Hasegawa kits. As the canopies have very different inner dimensions between the two manufacturers, I have to make two separate sets, they won't be interchangeable. The masters for the resin parts are about 50% done and I've just started on the PE artwork.

The other new product is a set of main wheel wells for the Trumpeter A-3D kit. Not only is the kit wheel well simplified in many areas, there is also a big inaccuracy in that the see-through portion is not see-through on the kit! I haven't done much work on this project yet, but get cracking on it early next year. Stay tuned!

All the best and Merry Christmas!

Jeffrey

• Like 1