Hobbyboss 1/72 HAS.3 Lynx (Finished)

D1fuN0

Riotous Greetings and salutations Whirly thing chaps.

Not my usual area of bun fighting, but after being press ganged by Heloman, Thought id 'have a go' and see what all the fuss is about.

Flying things are not my cup of tea, but hey, its Christmas :analintruder:

Here's my victim

0019.jpg

The more astute of you will notice that there's a little packet of foldy bits attached too and that will be my first foray into PE bits on something that doesn't have tracks or wheels.

I did take part in the Helicopter GB earlier in the year, but that went rather pear shaped.

So, No pressure....

(oh, may be a bit quiet at first, I'm off to the UK tonight for 2 weeks :thumbsup: )

Thanks

:santa: Steve :santa:

Edited by MAD STEVE

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Chaps

Survived the UK and back in the hot weather again and back on the build.

Small but stupid question...

What's the equivalent Tamiya rattle can colour to spray the Black Cat version?

The instructions offer Tamiya XF 20 Medium grey, is there a Spray Colour for that

Steve

Steve,I use Tamiya bottles,their medium grey is a shade very similar to the colour used on the undersides of WW2 U.S.aircraft.Personally I used

their sky grey and after glossing it darkened a shade,mines in the gallery see what you think.

Hello chaps

tootling along slowly

(I have serious motivational problems when it comes to aircraft)

So we have the seat belts on, which need a little clean up, and the instrument panels painted up too.

Placed them on the cockpit floor to see how everything looks.

0012-4.jpg

0022-4.jpg

more to follow.

steve

Steve, liking this a lot, looking very good so far!

As for Tamiya colours, I just used their grey primer as the main coat and it seems to have passed muster. The bonus is its nice and thin too.

7160783888_40721de3b8_c.jpg

7160788736_2bf873d7ab_c.jpg

Thanks Lynx

You know what, I was actually thinking exactly the same thing when I was doing an undercoat on something this afternoon...

That's it then, settled...

Amazing model, really really amazing

Steve

Morning Chaps and Chapesses

I gave this a bit of welly last night and this morning, so i'm currently at this stage....

0013-1.jpg

I'm busy masking of the windscreen and doors at the mo, getting ready for some painting.

I will finish this... :analintruder:

Steve

Hello everyone

Ok, I'm calling this finished.

Whilst looking over this kit and the decals, I was wondering why, a Helicopter from a display team would be carrying torpedo's or whatever they are, so I decided to leave off the Black Cat decals and depict it as in normal service.

This is the first flying thing that I have built and finished in almost 20 years...

Photo I gallery

Thanks

Steve