1/72 - Bristol Blenheim Mk.I & IVF by Airfix - released - new Mk.IV variant in September 2017

Homebee

Ali, this is great and welcomed information. Is this replacement intended to overcome the troublesome Airfix' clear parts in the terms of bubbles, hairlines and view distortion or is there any additional reason for replacements?

Also what about the rest of Blenheim transparencies which are not less troublesome at all?

Ali, this is great and welcomed information. Is this replacement intended to overcome the troublesome Airfix' clear parts in the terms of bubbles, hairlines and view distortion or is there any additional reason for replacements?

Also what about the rest of Blenheim transparencies which are not less troublesome at all?

Nope, they are to replace the kit provided side windows which don't come with the blisters shown in the images above.

Mark.

Hi MarkoZG

This was done just to add the missing Blisters to the side windows, they are exact replacement drop in parts. No other parts have been done, or further corrections done to the other glazed parts.

Ali

New Airfix 1/72nd Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV Bomber - ref. A04061

Source: http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2017/bristol-blenheim-mkiv-bomber-1-72.html

• Scheme 1 - Bristol Blenheim MkIV GRB1 Free French Air Force Sudan March 1941
  • Scheme 2 - Bristol Blenheim MkIV R3816 / OM-J 107 Squadron Leuchars March 1941

a04061.3.jpg Bristol Blenheim MkIV Bomber 1:72 Bristol Blenheim MkIV Bomber 1:72

Bristol Blenheim MkIV Bomber 1:72   Bristol Blenheim MkIV Bomber 1:72

V.P.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hardtarget said:

Are the contents the same with this and the previous boxing. If i recall it has ths under nose gun turret so is this just decal changes?

Good afternoon Hardtarget

I suppose that the contents are the same , but if you want to build the Free French Air Force one check your references because you can find aircraft with the solid under nose gun turret with 2 machine guns others with the ''clear' under nose gun turret with only one machine gun and other without gun turret ..

Patrice

11 minutes ago, Hardtarget said:

Thanks Patrice, i do like french markings. I have some carpena decals so just really wanted to know to wait for this boxing if the parts aren the same. I will open one of my blenheim boxes to confirm whats in it.

Ouch Carpena Decals ? be careful they are often difficult to use :(

Patrice

29 minutes ago, occa said:

I hope Airfix realizes the crosses of Lorraine should be blue not red ...

These illustrations are often just proofs (note lack of camouflage too) - last year, there were several differences between what appeared at announcement and what appeared on the kit

3 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

These illustrations are often just proofs (note lack of camouflage too) - last year, there were several differences between what appeared at announcement and what appeared on the kit

It's an often repeated mistake, they won't notice if no one makes them aware

On 4 January 2017 at 7:26 PM, occa said:

It's an often repeated mistake, they won't notice if no one makes them aware

I sent them an email yesterday, along with a suitable period photograph showing the distinct tonal similarity between the French roundel bullseye and the adjacent Cross of Lorraine, and the lack of similarity between the cross and the roundel's red outer ring. I had a reply this morning that it would be passed on to the development team for consideration. You can't say fairer than that.

Regards, Jeff

• Like 4

On 9.1.2017 at 11:08 AM, Jeff Wilson said:

I sent them an email yesterday, along with a suitable period photograph showing the distinct tonal similarity between the French roundel bullseye and the adjacent Cross of Lorraine, and the lack of similarity between the cross and the roundel's red outer ring. I had a reply this morning that it would be passed on to the development team for consideration. You can't say fairer than that.

Regards, Jeff

Good that you wrote them too and also that you got a reply.

Haven't received any comment from them so far but it could well be I sent it to the wrong department.

Or maybe they thought what does a foreigner even know about the subject  ;)

Cheers,

Martin

27 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Release expected in September 2017

- ref. A04061 - Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV

Source: https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2017/bristol-blenheim-mkiv-bomber-1-72.html

V.P.

And great to see that Airfix took the colour discussion on board and have provided the modeller with both red and blue crosses of Lorraine.

Regards, Jeff

• Like 1