Tamiya Nissan 350z

Hi everyone,

Since I've finally gotten around to uploading my models pics on Photobucket, I would now like to share pics of a model that's very special to me..the 350z which is modelled after my own car here in Dubai. The kit is typical Tamiya standard- shake'n'bake with no fit issues or problems whatsoever - it really goes together like a dream.

As this was my very first car build after re-entering the hobby, the finish isnt perfect..for example, I didnt bother de-chroming and re-painting the wheels to tone them down a bit, and the "Nissan" decal on the badge is slightly crooked. Btw have you people faced issues with the Tamiya decals? They are super thin and tend to break rather easily. I prefer the Fujimi or Revell decal sets to Tamiya's as they are much easier to apply.The keen observer will also notice that the model uses automatic transmission, whereas the real one is a manual. Funnily enough, I built the model with the auto trans only to realize that Tamiya did include a tiny manual gear level!!! Lesson learned...read the instructions carefully next time! In any case, Im quite happy with the end result. I did get some funny looks from the wife though when I told her i had to keep going down to the basement parking to do "research". Anyway, this kit is highly highly recommended for both beginners and intermediate modellers alike-would love to see somebody do this in a different color like silver or metallic blue. Hope you like it!

Here are pics of the real car:

17106458_CP_photo_zpsf00e12cb.jpeg

And the interior:

17106465_CP_photo_zps97bef7db.jpeg

And now the model, in my usual fashion of photographing on the cutting mat:

5_zpsb6dd0c08.jpg

4_zpsa8a2d7f9.jpg

2_zpsd7b8fc9c.jpg

1_zps17486248.jpg

6_zps17de964a.jpg

• Like 2