1:72 Italeri H-21 Flying Banana

Congrats from over here too.

I especially like the Kamov.

Bonkers little things.

We need a markings expert to decipher the Tartans on your Rosette.

Will you need to chuck the models out of your

display cabinet in order to show off your awards?

• Like 1

Banana Build - Post Build Update

This morning the replacement canopy for Billydick arrived in the post:

P1050942_zps7c769208.jpg

I will ship it off to him along with all my surviving templates:

P1050943_zpsf7714ba0.jpg

While at the Perth show I spotted these mirrored lenses being sold by Little Cars which I thougth would make much better lights for the front undercarriage than my clear discs:

P1050896_zpseb157f6a.jpg

I selected the 1.5mm diameter ones, here they are fitted:

P1050906_zps35cf69f0.jpg

I decided that my blade weathering was just a bit too subtle so intensified it somewhat:

P1050907_zpseefb426f.jpg

Time for the RFI, here it is.

• Like 2

How do you have dirty, faded rotor blades while the rest of the helo is fairly pristine? Short crew with no ladders so no cleaning above 10 feet? (One on top of the other's shoulders.) They got tired maintaining the helo after working on the fuselage and just blew off the blades? (See the bear . . . poke the bear . . . will it come out) We can milk this thread for 9 more pages.

• Like 2

The blades are not that dirty, its just a bit of water streaking and fading from some UV exposure. OK? The machine in the museum looked very clean but I strongly suspect that has been repainted just prior to being put on display, I think a touch of weathering was in order anyway.

Here is my selection for my next project.

If I post the build of the base / diorama here it could easily go on for nine more pages - quite easily.

Hey that was clever! I was reading this thread then ended up somewhere completely different, alien abduction me thinks?

The Belvedere was actually quite a nice thing to look at considering it was a chopper. I think it looked a lot more modern than it actually was, probably due to not having a bendy fuselage.

DB

• Like 1

I have finally got around to posting Pete's amazing Belvedere what-if creation:

DSCN0078_zps964564bf.jpg

DSCN0079_zps92a35eaf.jpg

DSCN0081_zpsd8830723.jpg

DSCN0082_zpsbd2e257b.jpg

That's brilliant that is, it reminds me of a Thunderbirds / RAF hybrid. Clearly the product of a skilled hand and a deranged mind.

I hope there is a lot of weight in the back end.

• Like 6

Ask Nigel to send you the pics of my Belvedere.

Or, he may post them on here.

Not so much bendy as What The....

That is just insane! Both sets of rotors turning the same way? You weren't paying attention the day they did helicopter theory of flight (and I'm sure it is only a theory) at Halton, but on the plus side it'll go round right hand corners really well!

Duncan B

• Like 2

... actually quite a nice thing to look at considering it was a chopper.

Oi! Not more of this "I'm more fixed-wing-elegant-than-thou" nonsense, swanning around at Flight Level Nosebleed making your stupid vapour trails, with your silly clanking leg restraints and your inflatable does my bum look big in this girdles turning trousers, while the rest of us actually got sweaty and did some work below 50'...

Harrumph. Jets are for kids.

• Like 4

"Oi! Not more of this "I'm more fixed-wing-elegant-than-thou" nonsense, swanning around at Flight Level Nosebleed making your stupid vapour trails, with your silly clanking leg restraints and your inflatable does my bum look big in this girdles turning trousers, while the rest of us actually got sweaty and did some work below 50'...

Harrumph. Jets are for kids."

Pete, pass me the keep net, I've caught another one (well the same one again actually).

Duncan B

P.S. I'm still waiting on Santa to deliver a jet for my kid

• Like 2

I think his sleigh went u/s, I'm afraid. Failed to make the correct "whoosh" noise, and Donner was about to run out of crew duty time.

I bet Nigel could model that, too.

• Like 2