Bomber Command WWII in 1/72

I've already said you have an awesome collection there, one that anybody would be proud to have.

Your Halifax III is just spectacular!

Thanks guys, forgot about this post.

Merlin, They usually get displayed with the Bomber Command sig at the shows. some may be at Telford this year, although there will be a rather big line up of Stirlings, so depends what space will be left. If you want to join us, Honeybee (Paul) on here is the gaff, they're a great bunch!

I've built a few more since this post, so will add the extras in too.

Cheers

Neil

I don't know how I missed this one, Neil (at least I think I missed it; I've just gone over the entire thread and I don't recall seeing Marshall Zhukov's grim visage staring back at me). Great to see all your BC beauties together!

Regards,

Jason (who once posted piccies of all his unfinished Lancaster models together)

• Like 1

Hi, I trawl the shows carefully looking for decent Stirlings and Halifaxes etc, I truly cannot believe I missed these. Are you planning on any other shows other than a possible appearance at Telford ?

When I know I have time to commit, I look fwd to seeing the Stirlings. I shall consider the Bomber Command SIG. No time for any modelling so when some time appears, it must firstly be at the modelling bench.

Did you review the Revell Halifax, seeing that you are 'reviewer'. Wish someone could influence Italeri and Airfix and their 1/72 panel lines. I reckon spray filler primer might be worth a try.

Merlin

Edited by Merlin

I don't know how I missed this one, Neil (at least I think I missed it; I've just gone over the entire thread and I don't recall seeing Marshall Zhukov's grim visage staring back at me). Great to see all your BC beauties together!

Regards,

Jason (who once posted piccies of all his unfinished Lancaster models together)

lol, a good 'before' and 'after' shot of the unfinished Lancs together...and finished would be a great post Jason he he!!!!

Hi, I trawl the shows carefully looking for decent Stirlings and Halifaxes etc, I truly cannot believe I missed these. Are you planning on any other shows other than a possible appearance at Telford ?

When I know I have time to commit, I look fwd to seeing the Stirlings. I shall consider the Bomber Command SIG. No time for any modelling so when some time appears, it must firstly be at the modelling bench.

Did you review the Revell Halifax, seeing that you are 'reviewer'. Wish someone could influence Italeri and Airfix and their 1/72 panel lines. I reckon spray filler primer might be worth a try.

Merlin

Hi Merlin, no Paul AH reviewed the Revell Halifax I think. Myself and TonyOT did a joint thread on using the Revell Fuselage and Matchbox / Airfix wings to make more accurate Mk.II and Mk.III's respectively which is quite an easy solution...

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234910638-matchbox-airfix-and-revell-halifax-lovechildren/page-1

Airfix panel lines really aren't that bad compared to the Italeri ones. I've been using Tippex pens to sort the panel lines out on the Italeri one, which has stalled at the moment, but primer alone with light sanding between coats worked quite well on the Sunderland. Here's the Stirling build so far if you are looking to have a go at one...

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234981238-italeri-stirling-mki-n6086-macroberts-reply/

Not sure what other shows we'll be doing this year. I'm planning to move house, so things are a little chaotic at the moment, but the other guys put on some great displays, especially with the post war and 1/48 WWII bomber collection. General Melchett (Andy), RobVulcan (you guessed it...Rob!) and Hurrinut (Rich) are other members of the clan that make regular appearances, although Rob's rock star day job seems to be getting in the way a bit at the moment!

• Like 1

Nice set of aircraft, they all look 100% better that my attempts of aircraft when I first started building on my own, and had the space to put them, now I live in a house with a concert ceiling, no chance of a drawing pin in that.

Ozzy

Edited by Ozzy

That is a lovely set of Bomber Command's greatest Neil

And as this has returned to prominence just now do you mind if I take a little 'ride' with it?

I saw this return yesterday just after I returned home from the funeral of a great friend and historic supporter of Bomber Command in modeling

My mate Bill Nicholls died last month and we (many of us from IPMS) were privileged to attend his last journey in his BC inspired casket yesterday

Bill was the donor of the Bomber Command trophy at IPMS Nationals/SMW and was honoured with Life Membership last time around so as your thread came back to life here I am using it to salute a great guy

RIP Billy

Thanks for your massive contribution to the Bomber Command tables all this time Neil, I'm certain Bill would have (probably did) say the same mate

Cheers

• Like 1

Love seeing this everytime it pops up. Got a Stirling on the go for the BC table for this years SMW... Need to pick your brains about a few things. Will drop you a PM over the weekend ;)

That is a lovely set of Bomber Command's greatest Neil

And as this has returned to prominence just now do you mind if I take a little 'ride' with it?

I saw this return yesterday just after I returned home from the funeral of a great friend and historic supporter of Bomber Command in modeling

My mate Bill Nicholls died last month and we (many of us from IPMS) were privileged to attend his last journey in his BC inspired casket yesterday

Bill was the donor of the Bomber Command trophy at IPMS Nationals/SMW and was honoured with Life Membership last time around so as your thread came back to life here I am using it to salute a great guy

RIP Billy

Thanks for your massive contribution to the Bomber Command tables all this time Neil, I'm certain Bill would have (probably did) say the same mate

Cheers

HI Bill,

Really sorry to hear that news, RIP Billy. I'll join in with that salute if you don't mind?

Cheers

Love seeing this everytime it pops up. Got a Stirling on the go for the BC table for this years SMW... Need to pick your brains about a few things. Will drop you a PM over the weekend ;)

Hi Radleigh,

Feel free mate, hope I can help. Most of what I know has come from John (12Jaguar), the guru and Stirling Project member that he is :)

lol, a good 'before' and 'after' shot of the unfinished Lancs together...and finished would be a great post Jason he he!!!!

It would indeed, Neil! I'll just have to tell my publisher that he'll have to wait a bit on my books whilst I finish these Lancs (I suppose a decade would suffice, maybe). Don't know where I'll get the money in the meantime, though; oh well, back to being a gigolo it is then.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Cheers guys. Unfortunately the Heyford and Battle have since departed following a gust of wind packing the car up after Huddersfield. Just need Airfix to bring out a new Battle.....

Andy told me and I'm gutted for you, I know it's sh*t losing models, but I'm so thankful it happened to these and not the most recent and most £££ ones you've built! Are they written off totally? :(

• Like 1

Andy told me and I'm gutted for you, I know it's sh*t losing models, but I'm so thankful it happened to these and not the most recent and most £££ ones you've built! Are they written off totally? :(

That was my reaction too, out of all the boxes that could of took off, glad it was that one. Yeh, total right off, the landings weren't great!

Nice to see them all in one place. I hope you keep the thread with other additions to the collection.

Sorry to hear about your Heyford and Battle. I'm hoping you can replace them at some point.

Regards,

Mark

• Like 1