Bomber Command WWII in 1/72

Wonderful collection woody. I am in awe of both your indisputable skill and tenacity. Inspirational. Thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Wonderful collection, and a few memories to boot, especially the Matchbox Wellesley and Heyford.  I always thought the latter was one of Matchbox's best offerings.  All very well executed... well done.

Regards,

Paul

• Like 1

Hello Woody, what a fantastic collection. My Grandfather was an instrument fitter for the RAF during the war and worked on Halifax aircraft before being posted to Aiden.  So the Halifax for me is the standout. However, they are all superb as is the finishing.

Edit: will you be adding a mosquito to the collection ?

Thanks for sharing. 

Edited by Nurwin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

Great collection Woody 👏👏👏

Thanks Rich :)

7 hours ago, obdl3945 said:

Wonderful collection, and a few memories to boot, especially the Matchbox Wellesley and Heyford.  I always thought the latter was one of Matchbox's best offerings.  All very well executed... well done.

Regards,

Paul

Thanks Paul. Sadly, the Heyford suffered a flying accident at the Huddersfield show a few years ago so there’s another in progress...well on the shelf of doom at the moment!

4 hours ago, Nurwin said:

Hello Woody, what a fantastic collection. My Grandfather was an instrument fitter for the RAF during the war and worked on Halifax aircraft before being posted to Aiden.  So the Halifax for me is the standout. However, they are all superb as is the finishing.

Edit: will you be adding a mosquito to the collection ?

Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks, glad you like the Halifax’s. I’m working on a 48 scale FM one at the moment, just taking a break from it but aiming to get it painted in the next month. I’ve got some resin two stage engines (72 scale from blackbird and 48 scale ones that @jasonc did a while ago so there is plans in both scales but probably 48th first.

coincidently, I took these out of their boxes a few weeks ago to do fresh photos and repair bits. The Airfix stirling has since been corrected as I’d built it with mk.i windows and wing oil coolers but it’s a mk.iii so the unnecessary windows were deleted and the wing oil coolers were filled in