Revell 1/32 Lynx HAS 3 and finish a HMA8

Thank you for letting me join this GB

OK I treated myself to a Lynx HAS3 to get me through Xmas with an ulterior motive to finish the earlier release I had done as a HMA8 using the Black Cat Decals and hopefully have enough left to do the ICE version from the kit decals and whatever I can scrounge from my spares... no-one has done any decals for this kit have they?

Anyway this is as far as I've got, though I've found the hub piece that pinged out of existence for a while and lost and found the instrument panel so it's going to be a constant battle with my concrete monster ( I do this in the garage mainly).

IMG_8809_zpse3e24a97.jpg

It's a gorgeous kit and every thing fits wonderfully - well it did last time and there is a whole raft of new or modified bits for this version.

One little touch I noticed this time is that they have done the instrument dials separately which should go better that the all in one decal version.

I'm tempted to do some detailing in the cabin on this one and maybe even fold it up as I doubt I have room for 2 fully spread.

I had a major swearing session probably heard by the whole street when I tried to add the sonar gear to HMA8 after I had closed up the fuselage and then found the HMA8 did'n't have it - which was soon remedied.

Does any one have the FS or even better the Humbrol numbers for the various cabin greys? I never seem to have all 50 shades and I have some of the Revel equivalents worked out but there are a couple of hybrids in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Major fail time.

I cleaned off a lot of the cabin components to reapply the colours Lynx7 suggested and took a break to clear some of my model backlog over Xmas and...

well today I got the bits together and the cleaned off components are nowhere to be found. My concrete monster has excelled himself this time,

I'll do a fresh search and bit of bin diving tomorrow as they haven't been emptied since a week before Xmas - the joys of a 2 week bin cycle and the bin day is Wednesday.

If no joy Plan B: Another Lynx HAS3 purchase and maybe copy some parts or Plan C: I do it desk model style with blacked out windows.

I suppose I shouldn't be too hard on the CM as my chaotic and disorganized modelling habit is truly to blame.

That's very kind but it is most of the cockpit parts from build stages 1-15 which I can't believe you will have spares for. I still have to do the search in good light tomorrow anyway. I'm sure I had all the parts in a plastic container and I must have put it somewhere very safe that I can't remember at the moment.

Meanwhile I've stuck the sides together so I can secure more pieces to it and I'm fairly sure the cockpit when found and assembled will slot in.... hopefully. It's can't be any harder than trying to fit the sonar assembly through the cabin doors.

Panic over - well OK it was only me panicing.

Sleeping on it, I remembered having to clear off some stuff that had fallen onto the bench and I've found the box of bits in the bag I put the fallen stuff in.

I have seen the Concrete Monster and it is me.

All the parts I was cleaning look to be there and a quick test suggests I should be able to fit the cabin into the joined halves and it even might be better approach as the first version I think I had trouble getting the halves to go together around the cabin - the front joint be particularly fraught.

Thanks once again for the kind offer Lynx7.

Until the next disaster..

So am I Mish, so am I....

Finally a little bit of progress to show

I have been working a bit out of my comfort zone adding some detail to the cabin interior and finally got the rear of the cabin sorted.

IMG_8811_zps7917f025.jpg

Bits of solder wire, Tamiya masking tape(obviously) and superglue and not sneezing. The photo shows the straps need at least another coat.

Sadly I don't think I have a lens that will show more of what I have done any clearer at the moment. but I did cut out the document slot in the console and put a couple of folders and FRC set in there - OK a bit of plasticard.

I know I said the separate instrument faces on this versions were a nice touch : Two ruddy hours putting them on and not all the really small ones in the end.

Mental

Anyway I am enjoying it - well I think the mojo will let me put some more detail in the cabin. Next bit is to see if the whole assembly will fit in the stuck together fuselage.

I'm thinking of leaving the cabin clear - apart from that upright thing behind the left seat (what is that?) though I have the electric hoist from the HMA8 sprue which I could install perhaps?