Bomber Command 1939 - 1945 Group Build

Not done a group build for a while, maybe it's time to try again? I've got a choice of Revell's Lancaster, Airfix's Hampden, or the bomber resupply set. My Stirling is too far along to be considered (lot more than 25% complete), and my Baltimores were used in the desert air force so are out (I think)

Hey, hopefuly i ll have time to work on Airfix´s Lancaster as i just ordered the BBMF collection set :)

actualy... i see the decals in the airfix BBMF collection kit are for lancaster PA474, which is flying today in marking not used during his short operational use... So i guess i would have to find some other decal options,right?

Edited by Wolwe82

actualy... i see the decals in the airfix BBMF collection kit are for lancaster PA474, which is flying today in marking not used during his short operational use... So i guess i would have to find some other decal options,right?

I think so - there's plenty of options out there

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1

It's showing it's age now, raised detail, lots of rivets, moveable control surfaces and thick transparencies. Shape wise not too bad except for the wing tips. Not sure how the Valom kit compares

I can take some photos of the Valom Hampden which is in The Stash and post them here.

Hey again guys, does anyone know, if there is some conversion set for grand slam configuration lancaster 1/72? Or at least some good drawings, where i could see how hard would be the conversion from Airfix?

• 2 weeks later...

I can take some photos of the Valom Hampden which is in The Stash and post them here.

If you could Enzo. That would be greatly appreciated.

Try these. Taken about fifteen minutes ago in artificial light.

Sprue 1 with the fuselage and wing uppersurfaces.

H001a.jpg

H002a.jpg

Sprue 2 with the wing lowersurfaces, engines and tail

H003a.jpg

H004a.jpg

The remainder. Transparencies, decals and PE.

H005a.jpg

So far I have never seen a Valom kit which didn't have a butt fitment of the wings. This one seems to have a far more positive wing fitment, although the tail fins are still a butt fit.

There is a very basic bomb bay structure but it requires the doors to be cut out.

I shall be building this kit in the GB. I'm really looking forward to it.

Having just completed my first GB (D-Day) this is hard to resist now that I have 'the bug'. I had an Uncle who flew Lancasters in WWII so that's the obvious choice. However, I'll have a little look around for a bargain that will allow me to join the fun :)

Edited by wimbledon99