Shorts Tucano pencil drawing

Jonners

Here's a drawing that I completed a few months ago as a way of passing the time in a reasonably constructive fashion during a run of quiet night shifts. It's not my best, though it was never intended to be, and I'd challenge anyone to be at the top of their game at 3.00am!

Lettering and numerals in perspective are definitely one of my weak points, so there's a bit of self-criticism for you. I specifically chose to represent ZF376, though, as I flew my Final Handling Test at the end of the Basic Flying Training course at Linton-on-Ouse in this machine back in 1996 (I passed!). The Tucano is illustrated on short finals to land, at which point in the FHT I would have been telling myself "Don't mess up, don't mess up!". This drawing was also a bit of a trial piece to see what a red-and-white-scheme Tucano would look like in pencil, as I have a vague idea for a more complex Tucano-based drawing bouncing round in my head. Perhaps one day I'll actually do something about it!

All constructive criticism welcomed, as ever.

Jon

LandingTucano_zps2ace1321.jpg

Edited by Jonners
  • Like 5

I like this, you've managed to capture it in such a way that it looks "right", the proportions & sit of it are spot on. It really looks the bizz. I see your point about the numerals, funnily enough the letters in the serial look about right but the numerals in the serial & on the tail appear to lay back. I found a pic of this plane on Air Britain as I wondered if they were in fact like that but no, so something to work on, shouldn't be too hard, otherwise, top notch in every way to my eye. :thumbsup:

Steve.

Edited to correct the spelling mistakes that some nasty bit of software changes on me just as I hit submit. :D

Edited by stevehnz

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the generous comments, guys; I made a tentative start on another Tucano drawing last week but didn't get very far before other things intervened. I will try to go for a restart over the next few days. I'm also working on a blue Tucano in the Trainers GB (plus an Atlas Impala) so I'll have to prioritise.

Glen - as there's the potential for it being a kind of self-portrait, I think it's more desperation than terror!

Jon

Edited by Jonners