A-26A (B26K) Counter Invader, Nakhon Phanom, Thailand

• 4 months later...

Hope you don`t mind  but whilst I was going through my Laos collection to replace the PB pic`s, I decided to give this one a complete make over and tidy up and post brand new picks with a back ground instead of a crumpled grey sheet.

Apologies Russ

• Thanks 1

Very nice result  indeed!

By the way - it is sometimes interesting to notice that those evenets happend only some 20 years after end of WWII, so very similar time difference like the time like end of XX century from now.... Invader look a bit obsolate in mid sixties - so in Vietnam war along F 105 and F4, whereas the same F 16 and B1B were flying in 1995 and now. Not telling a word about B-52... - which are more than 50 years old....Does it means that we are in very peaceful times since progress in weapons is very slow?

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JWM said:

Very nice result  indeed!

By the way - it is sometimes interesting to notice that those evenets happend only some 20 years after end of WWII, so very similar time difference like the time like end of XX century from now.... Invader look a bit obsolate in mid sixties - so in Vietnam war along F 105 and F4, whereas the same F 16 and B1B were flying in 1995 and now. Not telling a word about B-52... - which are more than 50 years old....Does it means that we are in very peaceful times since progress in weapons is very slow?

Cheers

J-W

Cheers J-W, I know where you`re coming from regarding ageing aircraft, but in the Counter Invaders case  it filled a unique niche in an unusual war and was only used in small numbers for a fairly short time. Although a few were used by the CIA in Africa too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, somtec said:

Are you sure they are just new backgrounds, the new pics look really bright like a new paint job, they look fantastic.

No, I gave the paintwork a rub down and going over in places, the lighter of the greens and the tan is new paint and I tidied the weathering up. Luckily there were no decals to worry about ruining.

Thanks, really glad you like it