A-26A (B26K) Counter Invader, Nakhon Phanom, Thailand

Hi everyone,

Whilst I was concentrating on my `Secret War`theme recently I dragged this one off the shelves and gave it a make over, so I thought i`d show you some pic`s of my newly refurbished, 2nd attempt at building a B-26K from the Monogram kit.

Finished as an aircraft of the 609th Special Operations Squadron, Used for `Steel Tiger` missions over Laos on the `Ho Chi Mihn Trail`, using the call sign `Nimrod`

rp2CGPn.jpg

On my 1st attempt I used a Paragon Designs conversion but wasn`t 100% happy with the nose as it was and I didn`t make a great job of attaching the resin prop` blades to the hubs

miv7H8z.jpg

So when I managed to get a hold of a Cutting Edge 8 gun nose and another glass nosed Invader kit, I salvaged as much of the Paragon set off the other one as I could

IcMI2g9.jpg

ie, cockpit, tip tanks, antenna(s), rudder, fuselage insert and wing pylons and fitted to the new kit using the C/E nose

aHHvtQg.jpg

This time I modified the kit prop`s using sheet polystyrene and filler and had to make the vortex generators on the fin from scratch

kCOeIcX.jpg

Unfortunately the Paragon late style engine cowls didn`t survive the surgery so I completed it as an early `K` with just the white serial on the fin and used the kit cowlings as they came. to portray one of the first aircraft of the deployment

YEIBBFK.jpg

The weapons came from a Hasegawa weapons set.

Hope you enjoy looking at.

Cheers Russ

• Like 39

Very nice Russ, you trying for the record of most builds in a year :goodjob:

Cheers Colin, It`s a few years old actually, I`ve `painted myself into a corner` with my current builds for a change.

Its hard not to like the A/B-26 Invader... One of the most successful combat aircraft that has ever been created in the history of aerial warfare. And one of the most lethal in Strafing, interdiction and counter insurgency

( A Korean war era B model armed with a 8 ,50 cal gun nose and 6 more in the wings plus bombs, rockets and napalm) I wouldn't like to be in the receiving end of that combo. I would be sliced, chopped and fried

• Like 1

Its hard not to like the A/B-26 Invader... One of the most successful combat aircraft that has ever been created in the history of aerial warfare. And one of the most lethal in Strafing, interdiction and counter insurgency

( A Korean war era B model armed with a 8 ,50 cal gun nose and 6 more in the wings plus bombs, rockets and napalm) I wouldn't like to be in the receiving end of that combo. I would be sliced, chopped and fried

Yeah, But what a way to go ! :)

Cheers, thanks for looking

Very nice Russ. I would love to see all your builds as almost all are to my taste. It would also be nice if someone got round to making a new mold of the counter invader. I live in hope.

Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...