Good luck Comrade!

So this is my dio with the Italeri Hurricane (1/48). I wanted to do something a bit different to the usual BoB that I do, so RAF in Russia seemed like a good idea. It is a bit of a 'what if' as this plane should be a MK11 and grey/green, but it was more of a Russian image that I wanted. Kit itself is pretty poor, lots of flash and some poor fits which for a new tool is poor. Looking at other forums it is reckoned that the wolf and silver aroundthe star should be white or grey, but I couldn't be bothered to paint them over. Figures are from Eduard-the VVS figs are so boring-just various standing poses. I added a couple of arms from the RAF set to adjust the poses and added an RAF mechanic on the wing. This dio is based on the few photos of the period which all seem to show rough and wet ground. Sorry pics are not that great-and they do show up a lot of brush marks which don't seem as obvious to the eye!

DSCF0759.jpg

DSCF0760.jpg

DSCF0763.jpg

DSCF0764.jpg

DSCF0766.jpg

DSCF0762.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mike

• Like 2

Yes, very nice indeed! You don't see many VVS Hurricanes on this site. It's nice for a change of pace. I'm tempted to do this very aeroplane, albeit in 1/72nd scale.

Regards,

Jason