Jester's A-4e Skyhawk

Hi folks

I have just finished my Hasegawa A-4e as seen in Top Gun. The kit is great and I love building skyhawks, the last one was a classic airframes TA-4J. Paint was Humbrol acryclics for the main scheme with some Tamiya paints used for other bits and pieces. I used a resin escapac and the decals were Hasegawa. Beware if you ever make this scheme the kits paint instructions are quite wrong for the upper and lower wing surfaces and using some reference material will give you the right scheme. The kit decals are for just after the filming of Top gun, where 'Jester' is no longer on the a/c sides. There are some slight differences if you use any of the later reference photos where clear bits of overpaint are shown.

Anyway apologies for the quality of the photos, it's something for me to work on.

Jester1.jpg

Jester2.jpgJester3.jpgJester4.jpgJester5.jpgJester6.jpg

• Like 12

Thanks for the comments folks. I used:

Humbrol 94 pale stone, 116 Green, 186 Tan for the main camouflage and a touch of white in the 94 to make it a little paler.

Humbrol metal cote for the exhaust and any other little bits were tamiya acryclics.

Thanks for the comments folks. I used:

Humbrol 94 pale stone, 116 Green, 186 Tan for the main camouflage and a touch of white in the 94 to make it a little paler.

Humbrol metal cote for the exhaust and any other little bits were tamiya acryclics.

thanks for that much obliged

rgds

mr b

• 1 month later...

That's really cool! Anyone else ever wondered why goose and mav got their bits kicked for going below the hard deck when jester must have gone down first? Or should I just not think about it too much...