Long time no post

Andrew March

Looks great to my eye Andrew. How long does it take you to create a peice like this? Also, please excuse me as a sometime watercolour user if this seems a stupid question, what possibilities is there to view the scene for other angles or use elements from it to create different scenes?

Looks great to my eye Andrew. How long does it take you to create a peice like this? Also, please excuse me as a sometime watercolour user if this seems a stupid question, what possibilities is there to view the scene for other angles or use elements from it to create different scenes?

Col, With this particular scene it's quite difficult as it is a static backdrop but ordinarily you could render it our from any angle you want. As for using elements in other scenes, totally. Everything can be used in other scenes, that is one of the massive benefits of working in 3d, once a resource is created you can use it over and over without the need to recreate it.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I love the picture! But shouldn't the Extender have a Boom Drogue Adapter? The US Navy used probe and Drogue and the F-14 had a retractable probe on the starboard side of the nose.

I'll get my coat.........

I love the picture! But shouldn't the Extender have a Boom Drogue Adapter? The US Navy used probe and Drogue and the F-14 had a retractable probe on the starboard side of the nose.

The KC-10 has a built in drogue just off to one side of the boom hinge and can also be fitted with a pair of drogue pods on the wings.

• Like 1

I'm an artist not an aviation expert, I create things that look nice, not absolutely accurate, thanks for appreciating the art though :)