Hawker Hunter T7 XL611. 1/72 Scale, some more photos added

Hi Folks here is my latest completion, Hunter T7 XL611 of 43 Sqn, RAF Leuchars 1959. The kit is a conversion of the Revell Hunter F6 using the PJ Productions resin T7 conversion. Painted using Alclad's dull aluminium, I had real problems getting the paint to stick to the resin nose section. Chunks of paint and primer would fall off at the slightest touch so it does show the signs of having been retouched and isn't the best of finishes. Decals are a mix of Xtradecal for the large Sqn markings, serial numbers are made from various decal sheets and the small Sqn marking on the nose is home made.
A Master brass pitot completes the build. I made a mess of the vacform canopy so don't look too closely there.

T712_zps12ce8930-L.jpg

T711_zpsf2ab848f-L.jpg

T707_zps065f65e4-L.jpg

T708_zpse0dea13a-L.jpg

T705_zpsa84a6972-L.jpg

T702_zpsea1eee64-L.jpg

T713_zps0a5827e3-L.jpg

• Like 22

Stunning!

What scale?

I knew I forgot something in my rambling intro! 1/72, the Gentleman's scale.

I've just noticed that I haven't weathered the drop tanks or pylons yet, I'm still working up the courage to mask them off to paint but am worried more alclad'll fall off. (The tanks are just a push fit on at the moment).

Duncan B

Despite the problems it still looks pretty good to me.

Which primer did you use and did you attempt to wash/degrease the resin bits?

John

Yes, I washed the resin parts prior to priming, I think it was Alclad's grey primer/filler that I used but it was quite a while ago. Every time I used masking tape it pulled huge chunks of paint and primer off. I always take some of the tackyness off the tape before applying it but that didn't help either. The model sat on the shelf of doom for nearly a year because of this.

Duncan B

That's really tasty -so pleased you got it down from the "shelf" and love the choice of colour scheme. Don't think I've seen that one before.

cheers

Rick

Great job, totally agree with your scale comments!!!