StashMate - Modellers' Stash Software

AngloSaxon

Hi Mike

Just downloaded Stashmate and had a little play, I like it, nice and simple to use.

A couple of thoughts - you have a purchase date, I would also find a completed date useful. Also a field to record where the kit is stored would be useful.

john

Hi John,

Thank you for downloading the software and giving it a try.

Your thoughts are noted for possible future features. In the meantime, you could use the 'comments' field to put in any relevant information which isn't currently catered for as a specific field? Just a suggestion of course :) .

Mike D.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Due to several requests, I am pleased to let you know that StashMate v1.2 is now available and includes the ability to use CSV files to import items into StashMate.

Full details of this new feature can be found here: http://www.stashmate.co.uk/guides.php?content=import

If you already have StashMate installed and would like to update it to this new version, then please just download and run the installer and it will do the rest. For any queries or help please email me: [email protected]

For anyone that hasn't used StashMate, I'm hoping that at some point Mike will kindly take some time from his busy schedule and fit in a review (unfortunately, due to 3 kids and a grandchild my bribery funds are somewhat lacking at this time of year! :lol: ).

Many thanks,

Mike D.

Hi Mike,

Great software. Really easy to input the current stash and adding new purchases will be a doddle.

As others have said, the link and picture optons are very useful.

Add the option of StashMateGo and gone are the days of loitering at a trade stand thinking "have I already got his kit?" or "I think I own the kit that this aftermarket is designed for......"., but thats probably just my poor memory.

I made the mistake :banghead: of showing the swmbo how useful the "report" option is for totalling the amount you've spent.

I've got a feeling I'll be doing this on a monthly basis and sending it to the "financial director" :fight:

Simon.

Hi Mike, just downloaded and looks just the job. I have one little enquiry though, can you change the day/month/year to U.K. format?........Smudge

Hi Smudge,

I've deliberately kept the date like it is as it's an international standard and avoids any potential problems for overseas users who, obviously, have different formats. May I ask if there's a particular reason for wanting it in UK format? Assuming there is then I can add to the list of future updates to include a date formatter in the administration features?

Mike D.

Hi Mike,

Great software. Really easy to input the current stash and adding new purchases will be a doddle.

As others have said, the link and picture optons are very useful.

Add the option of StashMateGo and gone are the days of loitering at a trade stand thinking "have I already got his kit?" or "I think I own the kit that this aftermarket is designed for......"., but thats probably just my poor memory.

I made the mistake :banghead: of showing the swmbo how useful the "report" option is for totalling the amount you've spent.

I've got a feeling I'll be doing this on a monthly basis and sending it to the "financial director" :fight:

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for your comments and support for the software :D and I apologise for getting you into trouble with swmbo :(. Seeing how much your stash cost can be quite an eye-opener, it certainly was for me.

Mike D.

Hi Smudge,

I've deliberately kept the date like it is as it's an international standard and avoids any potential problems for overseas users who, obviously, have different formats. May I ask if there's a particular reason for wanting it in UK format? Assuming there is then I can add to the list of future updates to include a date formatter in the administration features?

Mike D.

Hi Mike,

Actually, the option to set the date format to any of the commonly used types (dd/mm/yyyy, mm/dd/yyyy, yyyy/mm/dd, etc.) would be a very useful thing, I believe. I still manage to confuse my colonial friends by slipping back into the natural (to me) dd/mm/yyyy, and occasionally find myself wondering how they can possibly have thirteen or more months in a year.

Just a thought :D.

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Actually, the option to set the date format to any of the commonly used types (dd/mm/yyyy, mm/dd/yyyy, yyyy/mm/dd, etc.) would be a very useful thing, I believe. I still manage to confuse my colonial friends by slipping back into the natural (to me) dd/mm/yyyy, and occasionally find myself wondering how they can possibly have thirteen or more months in a year.

Couldn't of put it better, and the fact that I'm just an old fashioned sort...........................Smudge

• Like 1

Minor point,

Needs some kind of expansion for newer manufacturers like MENG/ZM etc.. as I can't currently add them in

Hi,

I'm a bit lost as to what you mean here. There are two ways to add additional manufacturers:

1. When editing or creating an item - On the main menu select 'Edit' or 'New'. If the manufacturer doesn't currently exist in the drop down list, then click on the green cross next to the drop down. Enter the new manufacturer details and click save.

2. Through the administration - On the main menu, click on 'Admin' and then the 2nd tab labelled 'Tables'. Choose 'Manufacturer' from the drop down list and all the current manufacturers will be displayed. Click the top left hand button to create a new manufacturer, enter the relevant details and then click save.

If you are still unable to add manufacturers after trying the above then please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike D.

Hi Mike, just downloaded and looks just the job. I have one little enquiry though, can you change the day/month/year to U.K. format?........Smudge

Hi Mike,

Consider it added to the list of future updates :) .

Mike D.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi Mike,

I have finaaly got round to giving Stashmate a go and I have to say that so far I am really impressed.

I was wondering though is it possible to file entries alphabetically by the aircraft name in the description

coloumn? It just seems "tidier" to keep all your Hurricanes etc next to their stablemates.

Kudos for all your hard work. Hope it's a success for you.

Mike, any further update on the software?

Would like to filter by description like you can via the other tabs.

Hi,

Firstly, apologies for the late reply.

I left the filter off the description column as descriptions are fairly unnique and therefore the filter list could be potentially huge. For instance, if you have 500 items in your stash and half of them were multiples of the same kit, then you would still have 250+ items in the filter list, if you see what I mean. This isn't such an issue with the other filters as they are generally fairly common, and not inexhaustive like a description can be. I hope you see what I mean.

I can of course change this if the general concensus is that an unwieldy filter list isn't a problem.

Mike D.

Hi Mike,

I have finaaly got round to giving Stashmate a go and I have to say that so far I am really impressed.

I was wondering though is it possible to file entries alphabetically by the aircraft name in the description

coloumn? It just seems "tidier" to keep all your Hurricanes etc next to their stablemates.

Kudos for all your hard work. Hope it's a success for you.

Hi,

Thanks for giving the software a go :D

You can alphabetically sort each column by clicking on it's header. A sorted column is highlighted and shows an arrow depicting either ascending or descending. Is this the type of sorting that you mean?

Thanks,

Mike D.

Hi Mike,

I think he is on about the same thing i am. You cant sort via description using a filter as there isnt one. On all the others you have a filter arrow when RC on the top tab. I'd like to sort via AC via description so the only AC you see in a list is that of what you want. The only other way at the moment is via typing text in the box but i want to be able to sort say Spitfire and then in the text field the squadron (i put squadron details in the comments column.

I understand the reason you kept it out my description is the type of AC. Ive also another request again for a quantity tab/section. What i have done to fill the void is if i have multiples ive simple added a number to the suppliers field. Ideally id like a quantity field so i can sort via this as well. I think if you could add these two it would solve my little issues.

Oh also you cant sort via comments i.e is there are no comments i.e blank spaces to fill i have to scroll through all the entries.

Edited by Hardtarget

• 3 weeks later...

Just a curiosity what language dud you develop it in and what type of DB did you use, I used to develop in Delphi many years ago

Hi,

I wrote it in C# using an SQLite database which made it easy to port across to the Android app, which I wrote in Java.

Are you still programming?

Mike D.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Your app looks great, it's not something I'll be needing for a while as my stash consists of a single model that is about to be started, but I tell you what would be bloody useful, an app that listed all available aftermarket accessories for kits with links to suppliers.