Trumpeter's 1/200 scale USS Missouri...Or...WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!? (PONTOS! Trumpeter aftermarket, pics added!)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

Sorry to disappear for the past few months. But if you watched the news, well, the winter here in the States have been how do you say this, NUTS!, even here in the Atlanta area (Which supposed to be down south and supposed, mark words being SUPPOSED to be warm).....This means both of my kids one time or another have came down with the flu and/or cold. This made for some very hectic time. Now that daylight saving hours has begun, my oldest one clock has shifted one hour early...Meaning he doesn't sleep until 12! Sigh, well, I'll see about doing some update. Not much, but getting all three main turrets done.

• 3 weeks later...

Ken:

I found the Veteran stuff at Pacific Coast and ordered a few....did not know how many Bofors per box (who does labels these days?), so your info is really helpful. With all the $$$ I have invested into the build, I will be able to trade the finished ship in for the real one in Hawaii....working the front deck right now, trying to fused three separate pages of Trumpeter instructions along with the Pontos information about what needs to go and what needs to stay. On some of their prints that come with the PE, the information is really clear, but the deck diagrams are pretty cryptic.

I am really grateful for all the good information and advice I am getting from all the folks on Britmodeller. If any of you are ever in Colorado, I have some native home-grown brew to tip your way....

Another question: if you only had one visit to a modeling store in the UK to make during a planned vacation, which store (greater London area most likely) would it be?

Rick the Newbie...

Rick

just feel that in 1/200 the plating detail should be there after all this is a mega buck kit, yes I know you could add it but why should you have too hell theres 1/350 kits that have this

Which is exactly why I dumped 1/200, which was my preferred scale, for 1/350. Happy as a clam ever since... The way 1/200 ships are done is pretty much where 1/350 was in the 70s and 80s. And I don't want those either. Dragon is the one good current 1/350 maker with smooth hulls, but for small destroyers that doesn't look too bad.

J.

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to say it guys, the promise of updates have been shoved and this project had entered into the dry docks for the time being......Life sometimes just isn't fair.

Wife recently just found a job. I can't say anything about it cause for the past two years, she's been taking care of our two boys and she wanted to work for quite a bit now. So these days, in between my own job, taking care of the boys, sometimes till midnight, which means in the mornings make me feel as if I got hung out to dry means I have less and less time for anything else, much less modeling (sigh, at my growing stash)...Also, it does not help my two year old son threw my SD card and all the progress pics in the toilet and flush it down into the septic tank!!! (GRRR!!! Almost spanked his bottom right off but SWMBO was watching.....kids and their terrible twos.......to assuage me, my wife got me a new 32G card. Does not make up for the losses though since all three turrets are made up and all the nice shots of "how it came to be the way it did" pics are gone). I will try to find time, any time to waddle through...But the triple whammies is I just bought Bravely Default 3 weeks ago and that game is sucking whatever life remain right out of me right now! GRRRRRRRRRRR......

Will try to find the time! Anyway I can!

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone. I am new here. My name is Dan. I want to thank Stryder for starting this thread.I got this kit because of him...lol.. I too am building this monster. I'm Hoping someone can help me as far as waterline placement. I have my hull primed and am ready to start adding color. I'll be using the model master colors for it. Any help would be appreciated. Once i can get past this I am hoping to start a work in progress thread. Looking forward to working with the Pontos set also.

Thanks,

Dan B