1/32 - Dornier Do.335 Pfeil by Zoukei-Mura - released - new boxing Do 335 (A-12)

Homebee

1/32nd Dornier Do.335 Pfeil by ZM in Super Wing Series - ref. SWS09.

Box art was on display at SMW2013.

Source: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=46530&page=15

Don't forget there's another 1/32nd Pfeil kit coming from HK:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234945466-132nd-dornier-do335a-0-pfeil-by-hk-models-release-1q-2014

do335a_zps9c0803da.jpg

ZM old man blog. Scroll down "Research at the Smithsonian"

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_046.html

img_046b026.jpg

img_046b027.jpg

img_046b028.jpg

img_046b030.jpg

img_046b029.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

• 4 months later...

That first photo shows off very well just how big the Pfiel is !

A WWII fighter bigger than some WWII bombers :yikes:

Mmmm ZM or HK ?? Which is best......theres only one way to find out .....FIGHT !!

Andy

I think Zoukei-Mura will be more highly detailed and more expensive where HK will detailed but less expensive. My vote at this moment is with HK unless something changes

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Sources:

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_075.html

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_076.html

main_visual_No076_en.jpg

▋The latest test shot runners of the 1/32 SWS Do 335 are finally in my hands!

I will try to go through briefly with these test shot runners and, if there is no problem, then the kit will be delivered to you. So let's step in and see together how the model kit of this wonderful aircraft tastes like.

So, let's build the Do 335!!

So, let's build the Do 335!!

Ancient city, early spring.

Totally different from yesterday, a cold day with some small clouds dancing in Kyoto's sky, for some reason today has turned warm with sunrays hitting the ground.

SWS brothers all over the world, are you alright? OK!!

What? If you're fine, keep fine and don't care about trivial things.

Eat a lot of good food, have your family around you and enjoy to its fullest the SWS kit, this wonderful hobby of yours!!

Human being... When somebody gets 60 years old, whatever he may do or say is fine. It looks like an unwritten law valid all over the world from ancient times... Right? Oh, maybe you… ?

Yes! Did you say that the attention of the world and your family are not so sweet?

Ouch!! That's just your imagination, just your imagination! Probably everyone admire and compliment you when you are not here!

Oh? Don't you understand the meaning of these words?

Don't worry, this world is still full of things weirder than that. Don't mind about some words you may not know. OK?

Well,

Yesterday, finally the latest runners of the SWS 1/32 Do 335 arrived, and so I'll start a very simple build to check them and verify if the assembly works well or not.

There is still some time until the release, so please enjoy the kit's "presence" through my pictures and comments.

img_076b002.jpg

▋Look at this! Here's what I did in only 3 hours of test-build.

As always, "the fitting of the parts is perfect" for this SWS kit too, making you feel confortable.

Every time I do a test-build, of course "The Old Man's 7 tools" shown in these pictures make an outstanding work.

From the left, nippers (specific for plastic models), chisel, diamond yasuri, tweezers, shaping knife and a pig-hair toothbrush.

Just by having these tools, the assembly of the kit goes very smoothly.

img_076b003.jpg

▋The propeller is the heart of the reciprocating engine!! That's it. Just so true!!

That's why it is right to say that this time Do 335 propeller is a masterpiece for how good it looks.

I am so picky about the propellers, so if I say that, then it must be true!

You guys, please trust me. Trust is happiness, dear fellows.

Ho, and by talking about the beautifulness of this propeller!

Exquisite! The precision of the shape, the thickness and that unique twisting, and then the sled shape delicately connected from the core to the tip, everything is represented in fine details.

I promise you this is really an exceptional propeller.

A special mention for the gates of the runner, which has been brought to the back side of the propeller's core, as you can see on the picture. The idea of our design department joint with the skills of our tooling-maker makes this difficult propeller eject from the mold at once.

Thanks to them, we modelers can safely apply sandpapers no. 240 and 800 on both edges of the parts, and get immediately an awesome finish just by doing this.

Very well done, Zoukei-mura Development Team! Good on you!

img_076b004.jpg

▋Look! We moved the gate of the runner to this place!

Here is why both tips of the propeller came exactly as they have been designed. And then, you just have to tidily refine with a shaping knife the protuberance resulting from the cut of the gate.

This entry was short but that's all for today.

The rest will follow few days later.

Get ready because I will show you the assembly of the awaited "DB 603 engine".

Until then, the most important and essential part of the work that will make you decide to buy this kit for sure is still to come.

First you need to do a lot of stuff, from a far-sighted political maneuver, or a conciliatory measure to mobilize your grandchildren, like the well-known "he that would the daughter win, must with the mother first begin"; to family matters, garage cleaning, and wall painting. Toilet cleaning will also be a strong point too.

In addition, it may be a good strategy to buy a small present for an impregnable wife.

In any case, be patient until you get this very adult response: "If you do one of these things, I will pass on" .

Haste is waste. Mistake is the key to success. Don't stop until you get it!

I hope you brother will fight and succeed…

C'mon!! SWS brothers all over the world!!

Absolutely get this Do 335!!!!

Hideyuki Shigeta

Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.

img_075b008.jpg

img_075b009.jpg

img_075b010.jpg

▋And… it's finally complete!

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

All very nice but YET AGAIN Zoukei-Mura, IMHO, score an 'own goal' by producing a kit (albeit superb looking) that has already been recently kitted in this scale !. Just how many kits do we need of this very interesting but quite esoteric machine ?. I fully appreciate that this kit will most likely be far more detailed and perhaps more refined than the recent HK Models version but can the modelling fraternity really support two such kits ?. I simply cannot believe this will become an economically viable project and in some ways its a criminal waste of resources when there are SO MANY other subjects, Luftwaffe or otherwise, that have NEVER been kitted in this scale by a mainstream kit producer and are crying out for the high quality treatment from Zoukei-Mura.

• 2 months later...

Fresh wews...  ;)

Source: http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_093.html

And what from SWS 32 !!

The Do 335 twin-seat version (A-12), long-awaited from Dornier fans will finally be released for 17,800 JPY (expected price)!!

Named "the anteater" for its particular shape, this aircraft model that is worth celebrating, will be finally released as an SWS kit, full of its unique charm.

Oh!
The finished kit will be early displayed at Zoukei-mura booth during the IPMS Convention to be held in Omaha, USA. All you guys coming to the IPMS, look forward to it!! The more you look at it, the more you feel the deep strength of Luftwaffe, no, of Dornier Company.

For this SWS kit, the following molds have been added to the base model of the highly acclaimed Do 335 single-seat version (A-0). Our 1/32 A-12 kit will be the first and most unique of its kind.
Single-seat kit is nice of course, but isn't this fascinating twin-seat really cool?

●Differences between the Do 335 single-seat (A-0) and the Do 335 twin-seat (A-12):
1. From the early mass-produced single-seat bomber (A-0) to the mass-produced exercise bomber (A-12)
2. The front seat (with ejection seat) is almost identical, but the back seat (no ejection seat) has been added behind it, replacing of the mid-fuselage fuel tank
3. The backseat instrument panel was simplified with only the minimal requested instruments
4. The shape of the upper fuselage is very different due to the lump-like canopy of the backseat and its fairing
5. Square panel for rear engine inspection on the back of the backseat canopy on the right side of the fuselage
6. Foot hold to get in/off, added on the underside of the backseat canopy on the left side of the fuselage

Please make it part of your collection.

img_093b006.jpg

▋How is this power?
The fierce figure of Do 335 A-12 is finally coming at you!! Oooh, that giant body and that balance are just awesome! This Do 335 is so cool that if you could have the finished display item in front of you, all your thoughts would just be blow away. Put it next to the single-seat A-0 and compare. That is like a celestial bliss for a modeler.

img_093b007.jpg

▋As usual, the outer panels are made in clear parts to let the cockpit of the twin-seat model, reproduced in high-detail, completely visible. Besides the instrument panel, the control equipment has been finely reproduced as well. This is indeed a particular aircraft, with its peculiar shape, somehow linked to the beauty of current aircrafts.

img_093b008.jpg
img_093b009.jpg

▋This finished kit is the fierce Do 335 A-12 made by Master Naoki Kobayashi.
Release is scheduled for the second half of the year. Maybe we will make it on time for the IPMS Telford. A famous kit given to you, Luftwaffe fans. I guarantee that the pleasure of building this kit is like in your dreams. Look forward to it!

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/volksusascale/posts/1888740214720928

[Event: IPMS Omaha]
Dornier fans rejoice! The Do 335 A-12 twin seater will be released by Zoukei-Mura!!
Named "The Anteater" for its particular shape, this celebrated aircraft, will be finally released as an SWS kit, full of its’ unique charm.

The finished kit will be on display at the Zoukei-Mura booth during the IPMS Nationals to be held in Omaha, USA. Look forward to it at IPMS!! The more you look at it, the more you feel the deep strength of the Luftwaffe, no, of the Dornier Company!

▼Old Man Blog #93
http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_093.html
#IPMS #ZOUKEIMURA #Do335 #A12 #SWS

V.P.

• 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/volksusascale/posts/1912600165668266

【Info: Pre-Orders have started! 1/32 SWS Dornier Do 335 A-12】
The Do 335 A-12 twin-seat version, long-awaited from Dornier fans, will finally be released!!
The release date of our Do 335 A-12 exhibited at IPMS Omaha has been decided!
VOLKS USA has started pre-orders for the Do 335 A-12!
[Pre-Order Entry]
- Pre-Order Entry: From August 30th to October 27th, 2017 10:00AM (PT)
- Release Date: November 18th, 2017 (PT)
- Delivery Date: Sequentially delivered from November 18th, 2017 (PT)
- Price: $196
▼Webstore: [Pre-Order] 1/32 Dornier Do 335 A-12 Pfeil
http://volksusastore.com/webstores/scale/index.php…
#SWS #ZOUKEIMURA #VOLKS #IPMS #Dornier #Do335

V.P.

• 1 month later...

Source: http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_097.html

This year too, we'll be waiting for you at Scale ModelWorld in Telford!!

Up date:October 25th, 2017

The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!

We're in the middle of autumn here in Kyoto Japan.
How are you, SWS fans of the world? Enjoy your hobby-life taking care of yourselves in these days with the temperature always changing.
So the season of Scale ModelWorld in the Telford has finally come. We'll be waiting for you at Zoukei-mura booth with many of our products, including the already famous 1/32 Do-335 A-12 double seat and the extremely popular F-4S and F-4C.
There will be also many finished kits displayed.
A great chance to admire with your eyes the real charm of Zoukei-mura SWS kits.
Definitely stop by Zoukei-mura booth.
You can also place a pre-order, right now, at the following address.

Pre-orders must be collected at the event no later than November 11th (Sat) 13:00.
Be careful: your pre-order will be voided if you don't pick it up within the aforementioned time. (Payment by cash only).

img_097b-do335_ad_en.jpg

▋Debut at Scale ModelWorld! You can pre-order it from this blog!

You may not be a Luftwaffe fan but aren't you excited by thinking this fascinating aircraft will be part of your collection? I can't describe how happy I am every day, just by thinking that one of my favorite aircrafts will be finally reproduced as an SWS kit.
This aircraft should be enshrined!! Cheers to your hobby room!

However, this kit has been produced in a very small quantity. Only a few people in the world will put their hands on it.

●1/32 Do 335 A-12 Price £151

For pre-orders……… Send an email here

Please understand that we will bring also a small quantity to the venue but it might sell out very quickly.

img_097b2544.jpgimg_097b2541.jpg

▋Packing this small quantity of A-12 was fun!!
Seriously. I can't take any more of the precious time of the overly busy SWS Development Team.
When that happens, uncertain voices arise towards this old soldier that still wants to do and still is able to do so many things. Well, I'm actually happy for this.

 The staff is like … "President! Do you want to pack Do 335 A-12 yourself?"

 And I'm like …… "Oooooh, Yes I do, I want to do it!"

So this old soldier, without caring of the hard job this body has to do, feels instead a little excited about that.

No problem! I can do it!
My wife who is also my boss, as she heard of this matter, decided to help me with this work.
Thanks to her, after a long time we could enjoy working together, just the two of us.

We'll deliver these Do 335 A-12 filled with the passion of me and my wife!!

●World release November 18th (Sat)! Stay tuned !!
               Keep in mind that it may sell out.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 1 year later...