1/48 Airfix Canberra IAF Target Tug

I'm always puzzled by this observation "Up or Down". If an aircraft is parked and all the systems turned off including the hydraulics I assume everything drops or is that not the case. If so (not the case) what keeps one up and the other down?

Assuming Hydraulic cylinders are involve and not screws.

Nothing to be puzzled about. :winkgrin: The left and right aileron are interlocked with each other so when one is moved up the other moves down automatically.

On the MD80, for instance, the hydraulick pressure is lead from one side of the piston in the aileron actuator to the other depending on the direction of movement af the aileron. when hyd pressure is off the pressure in the actuator is "locked" so to speak.

Having said this I will admit that on the Airbus 320 with hydraulick power off the ailerons are dropping.

Edited by P.o Prune

Not wishing to offend anyone - however not in my wildest dreams would I have even thought about making an Indian Air Force kit (possibly Mig-21?)..

However this Canberra is just fantastic. I love everything about it and will be researching more bright Indian aircraft soon enough.

Thanks for whetting the appetite.

Dave.