"Vintage" Pima County Air Museum

e8n2

These pictures are from the late 70s. You can really see how much some of the aircraft have changed comparing these shot with the more recent ones. At the time these pictures were taken, there was no indoor display area, and also no admission fee! These were scanned from slides, so you might see a fingerprint or two.

Later,

Dave

It has only gotten better over the years. The first time I stopped by there, there were no tours of the Boneyard as there is now. It really is something to see. It is just too bad that the F6F Hellcat that used to be there, is now in Pensacola at the Naval Aviation Museum. That particular aircraft had sat at the bottom of the Pacific off of San Diego for about 25 - 30 years when it was located and recovered.

Later,

Dave

Sadly, all I can see is a big black square.

Try running your mouse pointer over the center of the square and then down to the bottom. The little tiny thumbnails will then show up and you should be able to click on them to start viewing them. It has worked for me and hopefully for anyone else seeing only the big black square.

Later,

Dave