Seatbelt decals

Rodders154

Does anyone do decal sheets of seat belts?

I am not interested in Photo etch for the seat belts on my models since I made some on a Merlin cockpit but the result after much cussing ,feeding the carpet monster & the sheer frustration of small parts I can hardly see was not what I had hoped for .After all this work the the result was "lost" under the kit transparency. I do notice that some kits supply the seat belts on the kit decals and for what I do this is fine but I am looking for a sheet that has several items on it maybe in different colours .

I have thought of having a go with home made decals but my printer is a colour laser and wont do white.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction gratefully received..

Rodders

Decals will do me fine I don't need to super detail as I find that to me it takes a lot of the enjoyment of modelling for me. I just want a decal to do the job. I do use Tamiya tape but find I like decals better.

My models are best looked at from 4 ft away

Rodders

• Like 1

You could try thin adhesive tape, for wounds, like Micropore (Tesco do their own, as well); I lay it on a sheet of glass, cut it into strips, paint it, peel up, and put it in place.

Edgar

For models with closed canpies where little can be seen , I've used Tamiya tape sliced thinly ,painted the appropriate colour and with buckles and details marked with a fine Rotring pen. Looks effective enough at your four foot viewing distance.

Andrew

You are aware that you can buy "white" decal paper to make your own using a laser?

Sorry if this seems like me telling you how to suck eggs, just not sure if you had considered it.

You have just taught this Grandfather (1 2 yr old girl & 1 on the way) to suck eggs

Didn't know you could buy white decal for lasers you learn something new everyday.

I have only been back to modeling for around 6 months but boy has it changed. The idea of printing your own decals would have been black magic when I gave up It would of course be easy just scan a decal sheet seatbelt in and copy it all around the sheet changing colour would not be hard!! you are defenitly putting me on the track I want to go down. could do a load of lap straps as well

Thanks for the info

Rodders

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rodders

Technogly has certainly gone in leaps and bounds.

I make custom decals,im pushing has hard has i can with cutting edge technogly that is out there.

Ive developed/invented a A4 Inkjet that prints "White" ink,now im working on a Gold and Silver that can print panels of steel coloured decals.

The sky's the limit.

If you need help,give us a shout.

Paul