1/72 RAN/RNZAF A-4G Skyhawk

From the A-4 GB, the Fujimi 1/72 E/F kit built as an A-4G in the hybrid scheme that appeared when the RAN Skyhawks crossed the ditch and entered RNZAF service in mid 1984. There were a few variations on this but this is what 877/NZ6218 looked like for it's ferry flight and the immediate period afterward before the full complement of RNZAF markings were applied. Apart from the roundels the scheme is RAN, with an RNZAF SEA schemed tank on the centreline station. The roundels and rescue markings are slightly oversize, but they are the closest ones I had in my stash. The rest of the markings are from an Aussie Decal set included with some boxings of the A-4E/F sold in Australia.

The pale colour is Tamiya AS-5 light blue, but it changes hue slightly depending on the lighting conditions, much like the full size aircraft did. Weathering was kept to a minimum (none in fact) as you see little if any on the real things in contemporary photos - they were very clean and tidy looking in general.

87701_zps45470fbe.jpg

87703_zpsf4050b4b.jpg

87704_zpsb58f6b14.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by mumbles
  • Like 5

Very nice Mumbles!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. It really didn't feel like I put much effort into it (although it was completed after a long hiatus prior to which most of the hard work had been done), so am quite pleased at how it turned out :)

Now moving on to a T-bird in the other RAN/RNZAF hybrid scheme.

Edited by mumbles