1/48 Hasegawa FGR.2

Hi

Had this one built for about 6 months, but not had any chance to set up my camera for the photos. This is the Hasegawa FG.1 RAF kit swapped over to an FGR.2 and finished in some Revell FGR.2 decals. OOB apart from the swap around of parts.

Thanks for looking.

Ian

DSCF1247.png

DSCF1249.png

DSCF1253.png

DSCF1254.png

DSCF1257.png

DSCF1261.png

DSCF1263.png

DSCF1262.png

• Like 9

Love it. One day I'll get round to making one of these too, probably also in the 'old' camouflage scheme, and if it's half as nicely made as this I'll be happy. Very impressive, and great to see it in 2 Sqn colours with the recce pod.

Once upon a time the only thing I ever wanted to fly was the Phantom. as a teenager I was given a copy of Robert Prest's book about flying the RAF Phantom, which I still have, then the RAF careers office gave me a 'pilot & navigator' glossy brochure (the 2 trades went hand-in-hand as far as the recruiters were concerned) which had an F-4 crew as the subjects with their still-camo'd Phantom, as I recall. I still remember the navigator being quoted in the brochure as saying ..." I didn't mind whether I ended up as a pilot or a nav..." or words to that effect - yeah, right!! Apologies, navigators... Unfortunately the Phantom was retired in the year that I joined up, by which time I'd reset my sights on a different target. (Hit it, and wasn't a nav!)

Thanks for posting Ian, excellent.

Jon