1/76 Airfix Churchill VII

Ergarion

First of all, since I am new here, thank you for letting me to join you :)

This is one of the few kits I´ ve made so far. To be honest, I am pretty green and I´ ve made some kind of mistake

while applying the lacquer coat and i thought to myself: well, at least I can finally try to make worn out winter camo.

I will be grateful for your input and critique. Thank you guys :)

Before the accident:

PA276267_zps7790cf8a.jpg

PA276269_zpsf8724a0d.jpg

Winter camo:

PA296270_zpsd2b425c1.jpg

PA296275_zps73125138.jpg

Work still in progress :)

• Like 1

That looks pretty good.

Check out some photos of the real thing; there's one of a snow camouflaged Churchill Crocodile that's in several publications.

If it was my model, I would make the whitewash a little thicker, particularly on the turret sides, and I would give the suspension and hull sides a good coating of mud - definitely no whitewash on the roadwheels.

Cheers

David

• Like 1

I agree about dirtying up the roadwheels a lot, but personally I reckon your worn & patchy finish is close to spot on as it is. :thumbsup:

Try adding some streaking to the vertical faces and use pinwashes to make your details pop (remember to give your model a clear-coat before you break out any oils).....You should find plenty of tutorials for both techniques online. :nerd:

Gotta say that's a really promising start.....Take your time and enjoy doing it. :coolio:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead
  • Like 1

There's a nice 1/35 model of a snow camouflaged Churchill Crocodile on Armorama:

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=180998&page=1

It's quite similar in appearance to the Crocodiles on page 24 of David Fletcher's Concord 'British Tanks of WWII: (2) Holland and Germany'. Interestingly, the roadwheels seem to have retained a decent coat of whitewash.

The main thing is that you're having fun while experimenting with new techniques :)

Cheers

David

• Like 1