Late to the party as always.

The venerable Hasegawa A-4E/F, been around at least since I was working on A-4's and still a nice kit.

Superior to the Trumpeter version in several area's. I'll be using the Avionix's cockpit set to address the kits weakest

area.

Box & bits shots first;

1_zps2affc80f.jpg

2_zps8914caca.jpg

The attempt will be to replicate in miniature this vision of airborne poetry

887 of VF 805 Squadron Royal Australian Navy, a superb aeroplane and always nice to us poor maintenance knuckle draggers!

3_zpsa727cb61.jpg

Photo credit to John Bartels Former A-4 driver and the gent who bought the QANTAS 747 with the big hole in it home in one piece. A fine aviator.

A bit of destruction first, hacking of all the lumps bumps and associated iron mongrey the Americans insisted on defacing the airframe with.

4_zps65bf9164.jpg

Chopping out the nose gear well and installing the resin replacement

8_zpsaed47b77.jpg

9_zpsbbdac5a3.jpg

New cockpit side walls

10_zpsb6d079e7.jpg

Same again after a coat of Humbrol 140

11_zps00a82fa6.jpg

Cockpit tub with a base coat

13_zpsc6480d5c.jpg

The detail on the cockpit parts is superb but after a quick check fit nothing appears to fit.

Brute force and ignorance to follow!

• Like 2

I decided to be daring and bought some brass for it. Although aimed at the Trumpeter kit theres a lot that will help to tart

up this old dear.

14_zps8289cb4f.jpg

A few bits added to the nose gear well, theres still a very nice fuse panel to go in after its painted

15_zpsd692f2ff.jpg

The cockpit is finished and installed. I modified the instrument panel and glare shield as it was for a late model A-4F and had a few things not found in a "G" The only other addition was the canopy operating lever (the big yellow thing beside the seat)

18_zps561b821f.jpg

17_zpsba3dec00.jpg

16_zps72851c13.jpg

The fuselage has been stuck together, now its onto all that boring sanding stuff.