HK Models 1/32 DH Mosquito

Stephen

• 4 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentleman,

considering the current events, namely the recent publishing of the Tamiya 1/32 DeHavilland Mosquito pictures on the Shizuoka Hobby Show, we have decided

to share some more sprue pictures of HK's absolutely brilliant Mosquito in the same category!

Hong Kong Models main distributor for DE, BENELUX, AT, CH and ES, Felix Schulze, has provided pictures of the upcoming HK Wooden Wonder!

As former part of the Do335 modelling process (yes, I made the excellent decals) and with green light from Neil Yan, HKModels, I couldn't help

but support marketing of what I personally think is a kit that has every right to be in direct competition with Tamiya's next wunderkit.

I have a strong feeling that the reception of HK's Mosquito is not as good as it should be. To be honest, the HK Mossie's cockpit has been subject

to a trifle dispute, but regardless of that they have done an excellent job.

In parts, HK's Mossie outwits Tamiya's kit, regarding their excellent engineering in hull design and surface detail.

Hong Kong models provides laser technology that cut details into the injection mold form to create the brilliant rough surface around the

metal intake sections that were originally glued and fixed into the wooden structure of the Mosquito. That, including other seamlines and

barely visible details, makes the HK mossie a fine, definitive document of the real thing!

Also, check out Hong Kong Models FB page for the different camouflage patterns!!!

Compare the details, this is a photogallery of the actual Mossie!!!

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/mosquito/mossie_walk2.shtml

and here are the pictures! Have fun!!!

Decals (not from me)

DSC00832_zpsmyxrrfmo.jpg

PE parts

DSC00830_zpsitwezncc.jpg

clear parts

DSC00826_zpssp2zt26d.jpg

Sprues

DSC00808_zpskirhjv3z.jpg

DSC00789_zps8yr5cf37.jpg

DSC00786_zpsdogirvbc.jpg

DSC00780_zpsltnsuqnn.jpg

DSC00765_zps2wzbeiqr.jpg

DSC00763_zpsslsouyl3.jpg

DSC00759_zps0dze1yqo.jpg

DSC00752_zpsiwrx8f8f.jpg

DSC00748_zpssyjp9zwo.jpg

G Spure Propellers

DSC00741_zps8kjikiv3.jpg

optional propellers

DSC00738_zpshordh5qe.jpg

DSC00722_zps9crtk1rq.jpg

DSC00719_zpsjxefqqre.jpg

DSC00714_zpsbyawzbev.jpg

DSC00703_zpsucgyhsvc.jpg

DSC00700_zpsahar1x7u.jpg

DSC00692_zpsftf2byln.jpg

DSC00687_zps2juxcvnl.jpg

DSC00686_zpsi0i2nf0j.jpg

DSC00685_zpsnea68ucg.jpg

PartsL1_zpslquxowrx.jpg

PartsL2_zpsfpgqozqo.jpg

Edited by philtn
  • Like 2

If Airfix are going to do a glass nosed mossie why wait until now why did they not do it a build it into the original moulds? it would have made sence, as for Airfix at Telford saying it is on the cards but no details given, take that as under discussion with all other proposels, when costed out along with predicted sales it will be way down the list of things to do, don't get me wrong I would like one but can't see it happening.

M&G

Surprised that nobody responded to this earlier, so I will. Airfix did mold the Mosquito with the intention of doing the glass-nosed bomber version. If you have the original release of the kit, you will note that there are parts not used (wing tips for example) that are clearly for the bomber version. Perhaps they did not tool all the parts that would be needed when they created the original molds, but it's pretty obvious from what's in the box that other versions were intended.

Ok back to the HK model, when will the later model 2 stage merlins be done, by all accounts so far from the pictures posted they are totally wrong, care to set the record straight that you have corrected the errors and when will it be seen.

M&G

Not my scale, but the molding and surface finish do look rather well done. It's a shame they've found themselves up against the Tamiya juggernaut.

J.

Surprised that nobody responded to this earlier, so I will. Airfix did mold the Mosquito with the intention of doing the glass-nosed bomber version. If you have the original release of the kit, you will note that there are parts not used (wing tips for example) that are clearly for the bomber version. Perhaps they did not tool all the parts that would be needed when they created the original molds, but it's pretty obvious from what's in the box that other versions were intended.

Just how did the wingtips differ between the bomber and fighter versions? I don't believe that they did, let alone "clearly". Differences will be in the nose, cockpit and bombbay area. If there is more to it than this, I'd love to learn, so please expand?

Just how did the wingtips differ between the bomber and fighter versions? I don't believe that they did, let alone "clearly". Differences will be in the nose, cockpit and bombbay area. If there is more to it than this, I'd love to learn, so please expand?

Airfix provided wingtips with a single identification light on the leading edge and two identification lights fore and aft. The latter set of tips is not used in the original issue of the kit, which allowed one to make an FB.VI and an NF.II. These unused wingtips are a feature of the B.Mk.IV, but I'm not 100% certain that they are exclusive to this and the other bomber variants.

• 5 weeks later...

How do you know it did not sell? the original listing does not have a reserve price shown or do you think he closed the listing as it was not getting the price the seller wanted?

Hi

As I said when you click on the link it says :-

Unsold

Also shows item has ended

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

It was a Buy it Now.

The seller has an eBay shop and if a business he may well have sold it but not through eBay and so removed it, maybe?

Hi

If it was a buy it now, e bay would normally

show the item as sold

true maybe the seller did not sell it thro e bay

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

If you look at the completed listings for 1/32 Mosquito you can see that the seller sold 3 of them yesterday in about 9 hours.

Hi

So its out then, thats good so hopefully some reviews soon :)

I don't normally do 1/32, but this looks tempting for a diorama. I've softened the missus up to expect a 1/32 Lanc to become part of the home décor, so this should be easier to negotiate!!

The kit looks very impressive pity it is not 1/24 scale but impressive to say the least, Havig spoken to a friend of mine he is waiting for the Tamiya kit as he thinks it will be a better model, now correct me if I am wrong but their release is a fighter/bomber to start with, if this is so, does anybody know when/if the bomber only version will be released? lastly will the 2 stage merlin engine variants be done by either company?

Edited by Mick_Gannon

Two stage Merlins are coming from HK, in fact I believe they would have been n the initial boxing until errors were identified in the test shots ,

As for Tamiya , don't hold your breath .. I think you'll see Bomber/PRU variants , but after that ,nothing .. If you don't believe me well consider the vast holes in Tamiya's 32nd Range ,

Early model Spits ,

Mustang B/c's

Late model slatted wing F-4s

F-4B/N/S

2 Seater F-16s ,

The list goes on , .. the pattern seems to be clear minor tweaks, to the initial tooling and but no huge changes to the initial release.. dammit!