616 Sqn Spitfire Mk1 pencil drawing

Jonners

Okay, I accept that pictures of Spitfires tend to become a bit predictable, but this one represents a machine that flew from what was then RAF Leconfield in East Yorkshire when it was still a grass airfield in 1940-41. That link is of particular relevance to me as I've previously worked at Lec, I live very close by and I have a strong interest in local history and heritage. It was drawn only for my own interest and satisfaction - it hangs on my wall and even won its class in the village show! (Not quite a GAvA exhibition and, in fairness, there was only one other entry anyway! Hardly a great boast...)

Once again, feel free to critique - you never stop learning!

Jon

PS apologies for the slight bluish tone - it was photographed with a pocket digital camera and I suspect I could have tweaked the image a little bit better.

Spitfire1616SqnRAFLeconfield_zpsf388dc38

• Like 4

You should sell copies.

That has crossed my mind in the past! In fact, I have a large drawing (A2 size) at home that was created with the specific intention of making copies to sell, but I never got round to looking into how or where to get decent copies made - all those things that I did get round to simply got in the way, so to speak! If anyone has any top tips on getting prints of pencil drawings made, then I'm all ears...

Jon

PS I'll post that big drawing sometime, but I've been hogging the forum for the last few days so will leave it until later. Clue - 202 Squadron 'type history'.