1/72 - Fouga CM.170R Magister/Tzukit & CM.175 Zéphyr by Special Hobby - released - new boxing

Homebee

Maybe he is talking about de Fouga Magister wich will come later.

No.

Patrouille de Voltige de la Marine - see here p.20-21: http://www.jpair.fr/tutoriels/aeronavale/DocZeph_v2_FR_FSX.pdf

2475c035.jpg

Source: http://aerobjectif.centerblog.net/rub-8-meeting-montelimar-15-mai-2011-.html

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Zéphyr kit - ref. SH72323 - is to be released this weekend at Modell Brno 2015

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2015/06/fouga-zephyr-in-172-scale-sales-debut.html

Fouga Zéphyr in 1/72 scale - sales debut

Our new 1/72 Fouga Zéphyr model, see photos below, will enjoy its double debut this weekend. It is going to be available both at Modellbrno 2015 show in Brno, the metropolis of Moravia, and also in France at Paris Model Show 2015. Our company will attend both shows and you can buy this one and many other models at our stands there.

S72232%2BFouga%2BCM-175.jpg

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2382.JPG

IMG_2383.JPG

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Pure marketing strategy, as it will certainly be the less interesting variant for most people.

:winkgrin:

My word.

Anyway, without knowing, the manufacturer actually did me (and maybe others) a favor this time :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

I have the very nice Max Decals sheet at home, and as all the parts for a Maggez* are in the Zephyr, I may not wait for the 'official' CM.170.

*Look, if we can call the Miles Magister the Maggie I don't see why the Fouga Magister can't be called the Maggez! :fuyou_2:

Edited by T7 Models

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Zephyr arrived yesterday. For the price this kit is excellent value for money.

My only worry now is that if the Magister is as good as this my wallet will go into hiding !! :D

• Like 1

The Hannants RRP is only £11.99 for this. Good value when the Airfix repop is £10.99 and the valom kits are £19.99

Julien

Picked mine up from the Big H at Legends and got 10% off. very good and well engineered kit I must say.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the sprues for the Zephyr and the unused parts I'm convinced the parts are there for a Magister - does anyone else who's got the kit agree?

Wez

Looking at the sprues for the Zephyr and the unused parts I'm convinced the parts are there for a Magister - does anyone else who's got the kit agree?

Wez

Hi Wez,

I agree that both kits seems to share same plastics.

Looks as an excellent kit in sprues. Excellent level of detailing and also accurate (except maybe air intakes?)

Cheers,

AaCee

Hi Wez,

I agree that both kits seems to share same plastics.

Looks as an excellent kit in sprues. Excellent level of detailing and also accurate (except maybe air intakes?)

Cheers,

AaCee

So it's not just a figment of my imagination then?

What do you mean "except maybe air intakes?"

I like the Magister but I can't say I'm well versed in all of its subtleties

Wez

So it's not just a figment of my imagination then?

What do you mean "except maybe air intakes?"

I like the Magister but I can't say I'm well versed in all of its subtleties

Wez

Yes I believe that both Magister and Zephyr shares the same plastics. They include double noses and tail cones as well as canopies etc.

About the intake: If you look them from front I think that they taper to fast looking more like "C" than "U". But it seems for me that the prototypes/pre-production planes might have had different shape there. Maybe someone knowing the plane better might comment?

Cheers,

AaCee

Yes I believe that both Magister and Zephyr shares the same plastics. They include double noses and tail cones as well as canopies etc.

About the intake: If you look them from front I think that they taper to fast looking more like "C" than "U". But it seems for me that the prototypes/pre-production planes might have had different shape there. Maybe someone knowing the plane better might comment?

Cheers,

AaCee

Thanks for that, I'll take a closer look against some references when I next get the chance.

Wez

Wez

Good afternoon Wez

First of all I am not an expert regarding the Zephyr or Magister but I think that all the parts for a Magister are in the box of the Zeghyr and I remember reading here on Brittmodeller that someone from SH wrote that the parts for the Magister were in the box ..

Patrice