Italeri Jaguar 41 Squadron

Brian,

Very nice again, you must have an impressive 1/72 collection developing.

Mal

• Like 1

Lovely collection of Jags Brian, all very nicely turned out. What size is your display area?, you have a serious amount

of builds to put on show! (and that's just the 72 scale)

Sean

• Like 1

Lovely collection of Jags Brian, all very nicely turned out. What size is your display area?, you have a serious amount

of builds to put on show! (and that's just the 72 scale)

Sean

Hi Sean,

My display area is 760mm x 400mm and made from plywood, painted etc..

10221666706_cfac729aac_b.jpg

• Like 1

That's a fantastic 'Cat Collection' Brian, the 41Sqdn Special looks brilliant.

Could you tell me what you used to paint the gun ports. I have a retirement scheme Jaguar with gun ports unpainted at the moment because I couldn't find a suitable colour/method for doing them.

Cheers

• Like 1

That's a fantastic 'Cat Collection' Brian, the 41Sqdn Special looks brilliant.

Could you tell me what you used to paint the gun ports. I have a retirement scheme Jaguar with gun ports unpainted at the moment because I couldn't find a suitable colour/method for doing them.

Cheers

Thanks for the comment nimrod54. For painting the gun ports I used Humbrol Gloss Red and darkened it with their Gloss Black, adding a little at a time until it looks similar to the real thing. Hope this helps....Brian

• Like 1

Thanks for the comment nimrod54. For painting the gun ports I used Humbrol Gloss Red and darkened it with their Gloss Black, adding a little at a time until it looks similar to the real thing. Hope this helps....Brian

Thanks for that Brian, I will give that a go. I could see from reference photos that it was a red-brown colour, but everything that I tried to mix came out to brown - probably because I was starting with a brown base. :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...