Swedish Hawker Hunter J-34 decals?

Col.

Been looking around without any results for a set of decals covering the Swedish Hunter J-34 in 72nd scale. Anyone know of a set? Alas I've nothing in the spare decal box that will cover either national insignia or unit badges :(

There is 1/48 sheet. http://www.rebell.com/svenskt/decals-masks/j34-hunter.html Maybe you can scan it and then reprint it to 1/72.

I did see that one and was hoping they had done it in 72nd as well but that doesn't seem to be the case :(

I think that would be a breach of copyright, and illegal.

Selwyn

To say nothing of being well beyond my abilities.

I'd like a 1/72 sheet as well. Got a Revell Hunter and Freightdog F.4 conversion for this very task.

Shame there's nothing readily available

It is a pity Chris as the Swedish birds were always very pleasing to my eye. The single green upper surfaces helped display the types nice lines with the triple crown roundels adding a splash of colour. Seems strange that, for an aircraft which had been used by so many different nations, there isn't much variety of overseas decal options around.

Flying Colors Aerodecals 72-103, the sheet covers J-26 (Mustang), J-34 (Hunter) and the Tp-24 (Do-24)

As for where you can get them, maybe Hannants? Mine were bought in a shop in Stockholm...

• Like 1

Thanks for bringing that one to my attention cvrle. Unfortunately a search of Hannants and several other suppliers has drawn a blank :(

I have a set of Rebell decals in 1/72.

I have a feeling I may have enough for two aircraft, in which case I could probably share. Will let you know when I return from Hong Kong.

By the way, that Flying Colours set sounds curiously similar to what Rebell sent me...

• Like 1

I think that would be a breach of copyright, and illegal.

Selwyn

This is good comment and I think it's good question what we can do ourselves. I'm now talking strictly making copy for personal usage only. Similar situation is if I make resin copy of certain part and use it other model or make a vacu-canopy and I'm using part as a master. Maybe this is worth of own topic.

I have a set of Rebell decals in 1/72.

I have a feeling I may have enough for two aircraft, in which case I could probably share. Will let you know when I return from Hong Kong.

By the way, that Flying Colours set sounds curiously similar to what Rebell sent me...

Thank you hythe I'd very much appreciate that if you do have enough to share.

I may have to order one, thanks for that :speak_cool:

Your welcome

and if you are thinking of doing one of the a/c in the acro hunters display team a new logo is available from Rebell Hobby.

http://www.rebell.com/acro-hunters-nose-emblems-1-72.html?___store=eu&___from_store=international

Although it's present on the flying colours sheet i suspect that this one is of better quality.

/Johan

I've ordered a set,. Grand total including shipping from Canada--£8.44. The J26 Mustang bit is going straight on a new tool Airfix Mustang

Happy days :thumbsup:

Thats great.

A bit of causion though. The flying colours decals are getting rather old now so some careful handling may be required and even the use of liquid decal film.

I've heard that in some cases of the 1/48 S 31 / J 26 sheets the decals have desintegrated in the water.

/Johan

Glad you got sorted with some Chris & that J-26 Mustang does look tempting as well.

Thanks for the warning about the fragility of the decals Johan. Will keep that in mind.

Glad you got sorted with some Chris & that J-26 Mustang does look tempting as well.

Thanks for the warning about the fragility of the decals Johan. Will keep that in mind.

I'll let you know how they are when they arrive. I may order some more decals from flightdecs in the future, they have a good selection of Swedish stuff thats hard to get hold of here.

I may even start said Hunter and conversion, be a shame not to :winkgrin:

With one Hunter already underway for the Obsolete Kit GB I pulled a Revel kit from the stash and started to modify the jet pipe to suit last night Chris. Never was much good at resisting temptation...

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear they arrived in good time Chris. Look forward to hearing how they perform as I'll likely be ordering a set soon.

My decals arrived from Flightdecs today and they are very good. I'll try an inconspicuous one to see if I need some decal film

Chris

I've used both The Tp2 and Mustang parts of the sheets recently and in my case, liquid decal film was absolutely necessary. I had one roundel fall apart so had to use spares, brushed the rest with liquid decal. They are incredibly thin, which is a good thing, and require a bit of patience and care. I skipped a lot of the J26 stencils because they are incredibly tiny! On a major plus side, those I put on look very realistic without a hint of visible film.

• Like 1