1/48 Tamiya TT Beaufighter on a 1/1 lawn

Gday All

Pictured, my recently finished 1/48 scale Beaufighter Target Tug on my 1/1 scale lawn, which I admit looks silly :winkgrin:

It is of course the lovely 48 scale Tamiya kit converted to an Australian target Tug using the very complete Redroo conversion set.

The conversion set includes resin and brass, in fact everything that is required, even metallic coloured thread for the tail protector cables

Very comprehensive instructions are also included as are decals to build 4 aircraft all from the immediate post war period.

Painted using Humbrol enamels and metres of tamiya tape!

Unfortunately, somewhere along the way I the landing light cover got misplaced. :banghead: I will have to fabricate a new one if the kit one does not turn up

TTbeaufighter1_zps24fa8edd.jpg

TTBeaufighetr3_zps0c86c1a3.jpg

TTBeaufighter2_zpsec1dbee8.jpg

Thanks for looking

Bruce

• Like 5

First Beau in this scheme I've seen. And it looks a beauty.

At some stage I' want to try a Mosquito TT, so it's interesting to see this.

Thanks for all the nice comments fellas.

Ed, you guys have done a great job with releasing this conversion.

I enjoyed this model all the way, and in the process learnt some interesting things about Australian beaufighters and their conversion to TTs

Bruce

Nice one Bruce,

That's a real stunner and I love the subtle weathering. If you cannot find your landing light cover try a piece of sellotape cut to size, it should look fine? Well done to Ed at Red Roo too on what is obviously a top notch conversion set,

Cheers

Tony O

very crisp, very nice. interesting finish very well done. nice scale for the Beau and the kit shape and your scheme do it justice.

Aussie version....with a name like Bruce had to be I guess!

• Like 1