1/48 - Beechcraft T-34A/B Mentor by Minicraft - released - new Academy & Mono Chrome boxings

Homebee

At the iHobbyExpo 2013 in the US, Minicraft displayed the box art from a future 1/48th new tool Beechcraft T-34A/B Mentor kit - ref. 11671.

Release is expected in 2014.

Sources:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/ihe13.shtml

https://minicraftmodels.com/products/11671-1-48-beechcraft-t-34-mentor

11671-T34-Pkg-3-D-1024x1024.jpg

Minicraft

(...) On the wall was the new-tool subject I've been waiting years for - the 1/48 T-34A and T-34B Mentor. Minicraft says they'll be tooling the kit to also render the T-34C Turbo Mentor, but we'll see how that progresses.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Very Cool! Ah, the color scheme possibilities are "enormous". A few that come to mind:

Japanese

Spainish

US Army / Navy / Marines / Air Force

Julie Clark's airshow bird

Various South American operators...

Hopefully, they will get the canopy correct - unlike the Czech Models T-34C kit... among other features.

Regards,

Robert

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Very Cool! Ah, the color scheme possibilities are "enormous". A few that come to mind:

Japanese

Spainish

US Army / Navy / Marines / Air Force

Julie Clark's airshow bird

Various South American operators...

Hopefully, they will get the canopy correct - unlike the Czech Models T-34C kit... among other features.

Regards,

Robert

I fancy a Uruguayan Navy one. If they do a C model as well the possibilities are endless. VF101 had a great looking all black aircraft with a sharkmouth and all white national markings.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Perhaps I can use their canopy to correct the one in the Czech Models' kits... which have the forward canopy 'bow' vertical when it should be canted forward a bit.

R/ Robert

• 3 months later...
On 2/19/2015 at 00:20, Julien said:

I fancy a Uruguayan Navy one.

Uh-huh...? Yeh, me needs one to build it in the Argentinean Air Force Flight School markings. Those looked so spectacular in "they're" BMF.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/3/1/1728133.jpg

Edited by Julien
posting of airliners.net images is NOT allowed,

Sprues+test build. Note the old style rivets!

Source: http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/message/1507924800/New+Minicraft+1-48+T-34+Mentor+-++Sprues+and+Test+Shot+Builds

Sprues include all the parts for both the T-34A and T-34B, plus alternate props/hubs for civilian versions.
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

LmigXc6.jpg
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, averarandy said:

And these photos are supposed to make me want to part with my hard earned money.

areva

Yes it's kind of strange. 

Looking at the sprue frames it doesn't appear that those huge distracting rivets are there. The wings have recessed lines. On the Net54 site someone mentions that he likes the added rivet decals.:worry:

No it doesn't look like something that I would go out and purchase; unless I really needed to fill a space on the Shelf of Doom.:nah:

Edited by Masinissa
  • Thanks 1

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:56 PM, Masinissa said:

Looking at the sprue frames it doesn't appear that those huge distracting rivets are there.

Well, speak about frames; the window frames on the finished kits look a tad thick to me. Is it the way they were painted or they were injected that way? 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2017 at 10:50 PM, averarandy said:

And these photos are supposed to make me want to part with my hard earned money.

areva

I was looking forward to this one, but on the basis of those pictures I'll definitely be waiting for a reliable review before parting with my money. It looks like the sort of thing Monogram had in its catalogues in the 1970s.....

• Like 3