1/32 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II by Revell - released

Homebee

Revell is to release a brand new tool 1/32nd Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II kit - ref. 03986

Release expected in April 2014

Source: http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=2&L=1&page=1&sort=0&nc=&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=8a090e671c5d75ba637c3b1fa6b2c13f&KZSLPG=&offset=3&cmd=show&ARARTN=03986&sp=1

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

• 3 months later...

Very nice! Better than I expected it to look, the surface detail looks pretty good to me and there will be plenty of AM resin and decals for these kits. I will be buying more than one of these..............

Is it only my mistake eyesight or the oil cooler looks more like a Mk.V style rather than a Mk.I/II ??

The built model looks more like a Mk.Va to me...

I wondered at that as well but decided that, as it's a test build, it might just be an error - maybe it's an option for future Mk Vs - we can hope!!!

Still gorgeous though . . .

Nick

you guys beat me to it. I was going to say that it's unbuildable as it's got a red crow bar... Did Mk.II's have a crow bar at all?

Only if the pilot had crow's feet....

Did Mk.II's have a crow bar at all?

Yes and they served sparrow and worm cocktails.................sorry off topic.......getting my :coat:

• Like 1

one quick question? did the A wing have bulges in it for the wheel wells? i thought they were only on modern warbirds for a slightly bigger tyre?

Yes, they did- the modern warbird bulge is a different one, most commonly found on Hasegawa 1/48 Mk.IXs.

Hmmm interesting, metal ailerons and a DH? prop. Both not what I expected from a Mark II, but still gives even more options from the kit.

I'm not sure those are metal ailerons. I did notice the DH prop, which is nice to see- presumably they also provide a Rotol appropriate for the Mk.II. And of course they built it with the flaps down, BUT it doesn't appear that the inboard flap bits are even separate. Not much of an issue since I will be closing my flaps. It certainly does look like a Mk.V oil cooler- and from what I can see of it (back end) not very well rendered- I wonder if this might have been borrowed from an old Hasevell kit? I do hope they got the oil cooler right, because it was a mess on the revised Hasegawa/Revell Mk.I/II.

And no, Mk.IIs did not have the crowbar on the door- that came in during Mk.V production.

I've got one on pre-order, so looking forward to having a look for myself...

bob

Edited by gingerbob

• 1 month later...