1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109F/G/K "Friedrich"/"Gustav"/"Kurfürst" & Avia S-99/C-10 families by Eduard - F/G/K & S-99 released

Homebee

I'm not that impressed by Eduard kits. They're usually over engineered and fussy and rely too much on photoetch. And they never seem to do anything that different. Just stuff many other manufacturers have done and I bet this won't be that much better than all the other G's about.

I received this kit in the post this morning, a wedding anniversary present from my lovely wife, and had a quick look through the sprus. I bought the Royal class version of the kit knowing all about the issues not long after it was released and am quite willing to correct what I can. The one thing on the older kit that has not been mentioned much is the shape of the oil cooler panel directly behind the spinner, it is awful and ruins the nose profile. Thankfully this has been corrected on the new kit and overall Eduard has done a great job after being absolutely crucified after the last release, so respect to them for doing what a lot of manufacturers wouldn't.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some news

Source: http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2016/info-eduard-2016-05EN.pdf

(...) I hope that you enjoyed the May 1st morning multinational parade of rabbit Messerschmitts and their followups. It’s an underscore to the premier of our large retooled project and a hint of what is to come in the future, for other Bf 109G and Fs will be with us for the next several years. This year you can look forward to at least another five theme related editions, including the planned Bf 109F Royal Class kit. Already next month we will be releasing the high altitude G-5 variant with a pressurized cockpit, the components for which you have probably noted in the April release. This will be followed by the classic G-6 in August, in the fall we’ll detour to the Friedrichs and at E-day, we are planning the Royal Class kit dedicated to a collection of Fs. After the new year, we will return to the Gustavs with the G-2 and G-4 versions. As time goes on, there will also be room for the Weekend Edition kits and some theme consistent Limited Editions. The Eduard Gustavs and Friedrichs are here to stay, at least for the forseeable future, much like the temporary room and board the Soviet Army enjoyed in Czechoslovakia. In time, there will also be excursions into 72nd scale and even 144th, and other versions such as the G-10 and the post-war Czechoslovak S-199 development are already being developed. The number of versions was a contributing factor to the decision to retool the original project. With the release of each successive version, I am sure you can appreciate how tiring it would get to read that unfortunately, it is in 1/47th scale. The new G-6 has been received very well by critics, although there are still those who claim that the nose appears too straight or too boxy compared to photographs, but the fact is that we have been so careful with this whole item that we are certain that the nose couldn’t be better or more accurate and that for whatever reason, there will always be those that will absolutely find something wrong with everything in their eyes. That part of the hobby is here to stay(...)

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bf.109F-4 in 1/48th scale - Profipack line - coming in October 2016 - ref.82114

Source: http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2016-10.pdf

(...) the Bf 109F-4 in 1/48th scale (Profipack line) coming to be another evolution of our growing Bf 109 family. The kit shares many parts with previous Bf 109G-6 kit, however, the main parts are newly designed and tooled. The photoetch and mask set are included in the kit. Six marking options are available, representing various marking schèmes and war theatre locations, as North Africa, Mediterranean, Western, as well as the Eastern front and Scandinavia. Decal sheet is printed by Eduard, and all these schemes and decals make the kit really colorful, which could be one aspect why we can expect this kit became be a real bestseller. Two aftermarket sets are released in the same month like the kit, which is the photoetched upgrade set and Brassin wheel set.(...)

Box art

14344225_1392610964087180_76226848662219

Me109_1.jpg

Me109_2.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 1 month later...

Bf.109G-2 in 1/48th scale - Profipack line - coming in February 2017 - ref.82116

Sources:

https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2017/info-eduard-2017-01EN.pdf

http://scalemodels.ru/news/10985-anons-Eduard-Bf-109G-2-v-1-48.html

ME109.jpg

Анонс Eduard Bf-109G-2 в 1/48 Закрыть окно

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

On 02/01/2017 at 14:57, Homebee said:

Bf.109G-2 in 1/48th scale - Profipack line - coming in February 2017 - ref.82116

Sources:

https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2017/info-eduard-2017-01EN.pdf

http://scalemodels.ru/news/10985-anons-Eduard-Bf-109G-2-v-1-48.html

V.P.

They certainly missed a trick by not providing markings for Black 6...

Still, looks good!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Box art off the Bf.109G-14 variant - ref. 82118 to be released in January 2018

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/photos/a.122154977799458.21995.116570475024575/1885661998115405/?type=3&theater

This is a box-art by Adam Tooby for our new release in the ProfiPACK edition, the Bf 109G-14 kit in 1/48 scale.
The drawing represents the fither ace Hptm. Erich Hartmann in one of his Messerschmitt machines in October 1944.
Cat. no. 82118.

24879931_1885661998115405_37691205350051

V.P.

3 hours ago, RHWinter said:

Maybe a bit off-topic, but I hope this series will lead to the Avia S-199 (and CS-199)! (Oh, did I hear somebody think "Buchon", too? Very welcome, at least to me...)

I'd buy all of those too.....

• Like 1

It was mentioned many times by Mr. Šulc from Eduard, that this series will indeed lead to the Avia S-199 -- but it will take some time to get there.

Edited by JBr
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, RHWinter said:

Maybe a bit off-topic, but I hope this series will lead to the Avia S-199 (and CS-199)! (Oh, did I hear somebody think "Buchon", too? Very welcome, at least to me...)

Those would be the ones I'd buy from Eduard's 109! (isn't meant negatively, I just have 'enough' 109 in my stash...)

• Like 1