- ARADO Ar 196 A0 and its catapult

IPMS19

-The Revell 32 Arado turned into an A0;The catapult is from HPH

-This requires a few modification of the original model like the suppression of the wing armament and associated panelling, same to the forward firing armement and propeller

- The model is intended to depict the Arado embarked on the Graf Spee before being camouflaged.

004_zpsa53253ef.jpg

010_zps5d9cebbe.jpg

008_zps05b8f7ad.jpg
007_zps8b997e48.jpg
0051_zps876976df.jpg
00512_zpse0d6cddc.jpg
0031_zpsba69108d.jpg
0021_zpsad77dbbe.jpg
001_zps9bd2ce16.jpg
0061_zps7d481f05.jpg
  • Like 1

Luvly jubbly...bit special that!

Am I right in thinking the HPH catapult has no hand rails and stanchions included...if that's the case can I ask what you used?

- Its true the hand rails and stanchions are to be made from scratch.

- For this I essentially used metal wires of the same diameter for both vertical and horizontal parts

- On the vertical parts I have inserted a small tubing piece of the inside diameter equal to the one of the wire with a hole drilled on each side of the tube were to insert and cement each middle bar cutted at the necessary lenght.The same was done for the top horizontal rail with only one hole in which the top of the vertical bar is inserted and cemented

thanks for the reply....I also seem to remember that someone made the rails from materials purchased from something like " Cornwall model boats" which would possibly be an easier option, bearing that in mind, can I ask you what diameter are the rails and also what is the height of them ?

thanks in advance

rick

thanks for the reply....I also seem to remember that someone made the rails from materials purchased from something like " Cornwall model boats" which would possibly be an easier option, bearing that in mind, can I ask you what diameter are the rails and also what is the height of them ?

thanks in advance

rick

-Hi Rick,

- If you have the opportunity to get some modelling boat material grab it as quickly you can ,it will avoid you some headheaches....

- For my catapult I've used for horizontal and vertical parts length of 1 millimeter mettallic wire, the vertical parts are 30 m/m with 2 or 3 m/m added for cementing in the deck

-For the hand rail on the deck itself , the vertical parts and the top bars are made of 1,5 m/m copper square section tubing 30 m/m (+ 2 or 3 more) long for vertical parts.The thinner wires are same the ones on the catapult.

- Drilling holes both side of the vertical bars allow you to use lenght of wire equal to the total lenght of the hand rails;

- The square section is not the ideal solution but I had no rounded section of the right size at my disposal,...... I hope I won't be jailed for this crime.....