.50 Cal Gun Barrels in 1/72

Tbolt

I'm looking for some replacement .50 cal barrels in 1/72 scale and was just wondering what barrels people prefer. My favourite are the Master brass barrels but they are rather expensive to completely kit out a few bombers with, but what I like about them is the extension on the barrel so you can drill into the gun body and insert them. The QB ones (2nd pic) don't seem to have any extension on them - if anyone has used these how have you attached them?

The CMK ones (bottom pic) are quite cheap but this is the only photo I can find of them and you can't see any detail to see if they are any good or if they have an extension to allow insertion into the gun body, so anyone got these, what are they like?

MR72001.jpg

QB72034.jpg

CMQ72141.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wait for new value pack from MASTER - in the next few months they will be released "bomber packs" incl. Brownings with more reasonable price. Just check & ask MASTER in Telford. Best-Bodo

That is good news, thank you for posting that.

Cheers,

Roy

• 3 weeks later...

Wait for new value pack from MASTER - in the next few months they will be released "bomber packs" incl. Brownings with more reasonable price. Just check & ask MASTER in Telford. Best-Bodo

Thanks for that. I did read your post, but lost my password and due to the whole Yahoo blocking Britmodeller emails, I've only just got back into my account. I'll see Master at Telford.

Mini World already does offers packs of 10 for the .50 cal

From the pictures I've seen of the Mini World ones, I wasn't so keen as the barrel end looks a bit too small.

Master

browning-m2-aircraft-50-caliber-12-7mm-b

Mini World

03.jpg

B-25H.jpg