Wingnut Wings Hannover CLII build for Telford.

Tick, tock, tick, tock. The tension builds.......

I've every faith in you Jonners, I'm looking forward to seeing it all finished on Saturday.

Cheers

John

(Looking very good by the way).

Tick, tock, tick, tock. The tension builds.......

I've every faith in you Jonners, I'm looking forward to seeing it all finished on Saturday.

Cheers

John

(Looking very good by the way).

Alas that faith will be unrewarded. Ive been pushing to get Aviattic's lovely wing lozenge on, but Im not happy with what Ive done ( the decals are fantastic, but you cant rush these things), so alas there will be a fuselage plus wings showing what not to do with the decals!!.

I need to just get the Albatross repaired, then finish a few things off on the Hannover fuselage, then I can relax a little I think rather than fret over buggering it up.

Pics will be on here in a while of where Im at. I hope my engine cowling treatment goes down well....

Jonners, falling at the last

Never mind Jonners, good effort nonetheless!

As I've known since the start of the year that I wasn't going for the whole weekend & thus wouldn't have to take any models this time, my whole modelling year has been much more relaxed! The pressure we put ourselves under in the name of 'fun', eh...??!!

So here's how she looks as of now. I will have the rear MG added for telford and perhaps a few accoutrements, but essentially, malhereusement, that's your small onion for Telford.

P1050355_zpsbfdb3c11.jpg

Jonners, signing off on this WIP for a week or so. Tune in next time for wingy things, and a full model :(

• Like 1

• Absolutely beautiful! I like the look of the fuselage-camouflage. And as I am an absolute Hannover-addict, I am eagerly awaiting your Progress on it. Hope Telford was a success!
  • Richard

Thanks Richard - well the fuselage seemed to go down well with those in the know, so as soon as Aviattic's cookie cut wing lozenge is available, I can recommence battle.

In the meantime Telford furnished some Gaspatch turnbuckles and UVR pre-coloured elastic rigging thread which should help to make the finale easier.

Now, I must stop looking at the Fokker DVIIF sitting next to the work bench.....

Jonners

PS Great to meet you yesterday Viking.

I must admit Rowan's builds looked very nice - every time I went past the Pheon stand you were...missing - I was going to say hi! Never mind - 2014!

• Like 1

I must admit Rowan's builds looked very nice - every time I went past the Pheon stand you were...missing - I was going to say hi! Never mind - 2014!

Rowan hides his light under a bushel - his models are fantastic. I'm afraid I was very much a yoyo this year - but then as Pheon Head Monkey - if Sabine wants a drink - the monkey gets his tail together :)

And no I wasnt wandering around buying things, honest, nope, not me... :)

Jonners

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Well Hello!!  It's back , and it's lozenged!!

CBCE6A3D-4ECF-4680-9DF0-5D94185A9AE7_zps

4BC51EF0-3134-4249-B689-00E0D38B7A97_zps

A2903ADB-8F69-4962-9FF3-A542046E29A7_zps

Wing tapes - Jesus Christ how many!!  Thankfully after slicing about 150 of them from Aviattic's sheets I think Ive got a method down pat now that works! Just the aileron under sides to do - then tis all done!  They still need to be blended in, and there's more to do than meets the eye - but the light is become apparent at the end of the tunnel for this old girl.

Jonners

• Like 3

Have decided that my Schlactfleiger need some headware - so using  some 1/35scale WW1 German helmets ( which are underscale, and actually look too small too) I've crash moulded a couple of bigger ones using the thickness of the card to bulk out the helmets. Detailed with brass tube for the lugs and some plasticard mini disks for the other lumps.

FFF519E7-27B0-464B-875B-2765D5C3B780_zps

One will stay in feldgrau, the other will get camouflaged. I have some PE goggles on the way to add to them too.

cheers

Jonners