GLOSSY LNER A4 4903 PEREGRINE HORNBY RAILROAD BLUE STREAK

robvulcan

Cheers Paul Im glad you like them. Peregrine is in the works again but Mallard has had the chassis with the Ultra scales all fitted now.

There is another thread on here with it all on looks way better with the shiney wheels. sadly the Decoder died so I need to get that fixed then make a video.

I have another Mallard im thinking or doing weary and well worn as she was in service with the LNER :)

I love A4s as much as Vulcans[/quote

Hi,Rob - Good luck with all the tweaking and mods.Only a passing interest in 'A4's then,eh? Only joking!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great work Rob,impressed does not cover it!

I collect but dont run LMS Locos and have about 15 of them but since I was about 12 my friend had a 3 rail Mallard on his Layout and I always wanted one.Fast forward 58 years and I got a phone call from a Stepson, He had just bought a Hornby Falcon in a box for £10 did I want it. I said yes and could hardly wait like a big kid for last Sunday when he was bringing it up. I was expecting a tired example that I would have to work on. What I got was a brand new in the box Hornby Railroad 2779 example. Out came 3 metres of track,I disconnected my Hornby controller from my mini drill Laid the track across the lounge floor and off she went first time. Happy or what, it is safely back in its box next to me as I type this.

PS I gave him £25 for it. So as Del Boy would say "Every ones a winner" :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

I know absolutely nothing about steam trains except the numbers 4472 and 60022.

Thanks for setting the heart racing this evening, 60022 looks splendid, as do her siblings.

• Like 1

£10 ! Wow that's a Bargain for a fine loco !

I really miss running my stuff I have not had chance for so long now... Still not made the dream

Layout of my childhood dreams every year I try.

I think soon i willl try and make here as a WIP a very small railway dio layout type thing just to get something done for once.

Perhaps just he typical GWR dead end station and a Pannier or just a lonely piece of line with some interesting buildings and features as thst would

Be different to the usual station. , yard focused layouts.

If you want to see how Mallard now looks there was another thread on here with the finished wheels painted up and everything.

I will do a Videl of her sometime running with the sound on :)

Cheers Rob :)