Display Case help

I am looking someone to supply an acrylic cover and base to house my Tamiya 1/350 USS Enterprise - it has to be 1010mm x 300mm x 300mm to fit it in (which is going to be costly!). Has anyone here used any manufacturer to house the same model??

Regard Steve

Hi Steve

these might be worth a try;

www.acrylicdisplaycases.co.uk

I've used acrylicdisplaycases in the past and while they are good, their quality has gone down in the last few years. I'm also not sure if they go over 1m in length.

• Like 1

You could always try to 'fish tank' method, ie plate glass joined with clear silicon? Basically 1 metre by 30 cm isn't that big? I once made a case for a 1/32nd R/c MTB using this method - wooden beading (stained and varnished) and arranged it so that the top panel was 'lift-off-able' but sat in a recess in the beading so it wasn't going anywhere unless I intended it!

Simon

Try these
http://www.sora-shop.com/Customized-Products/.html

And while on about cases, I have a Academy 1/350 Warspite(premium edition) there's a picture inside the box of what looks like the full size model, anyone know if the height is correct on said picture.Going by that it should fit in a case 650mmLong x150mm depth x 250mm high, does that sound about right, anyone got one made up they could measure

Thanks Colin

Edited by colin
  • Like 1

Thanks for that - the German option looks promising!.....

Further request in a similar vein as Colin above - does anyone have readily to hand the built dimensions of the Tamiya Enterprise? Tamiya give the length as 1005mm but no height and width.

Cheers. Steve

Really sorry for the delay, have been so busy lately. Anyway the measurements for the completed 1/350 USS Enterprise are 1070mm long x 330mm wide x 270mm high.

• 2 months later...

Great thread and very Interesting that there's a manufacturers in the UK and Germany for this subject.

I to am looking for some glass cases for my ships(1/180 Victory) for Instance, my wife is also willing to paint the background of a harbour, so making the case smaller than it would have been.

Will be ordering soon too.

Cheers foxy :coolio:

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks to JonP, I have found the display case I need.

Had to customise it for my 1/180 HMS Victory, should be with me soon.

I will be looking for more for my 1/350 ships later.

Thats what these sites are for and very helpfull they are :winkgrin: .

Cheers foxy :coolio:

Hi Colin,

Can I ask how much you paid for the case for Enterprise? Will be needing one soon!

Thanks & ATB

Sorry Riggers I missed this post

I didn't order one for Enterprise, but the two I did order one for a Pegasus Nautilus and one for a 1/350 Warspite came to £77 with postage for the two

Colin

Glad to have been of help Foxy :D