Golden Arrow

Bengalensis

Well done Jorgen, richly deserved. It is an absolute show stopper. I bet when you put a model in a competition the other entrants duck for cover.

Where was the show? Is there a link you could post?

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys. It's a very friendly and relaxed show, where cars are predominant, held in good atmosphere in Borensberg Sweden. It's judged by all the entrants leaving votes for their top 2 in each class which makes it a bit less predictable sometimes. I'm hopeless at photographing anything in shows, but pictures often show up on forums in a few days. There is no web page I know of but there might be a facebook page if you search for "Grevens Glue Galore", I have no FB-account though, so have never seen it.

I actually had a fair bit of success yesterday;

Golden Arrow 1st in class

Kirijo Mitsuru 2nd in class

Sea King #66 2nd in class

Wright Flyer 3rd in class

The Bullfinches also got a special price

So yes, it was a very good day. :)

• Like 2

This thread is/was one of my all time favourites, your model is STUNNING

I did drool over the thing when i visited Beaulieu in 2009 i was amazed how big the thing was ! and would love a kit but it is out of my price range until i win lotto

Thanks for a fantastic thread and congrats on a richly deserved win at the competition

• Like 1

Congratulations Jorgen on the model and your success in competition at the weekend. Looking through your build threads, it comes as no surprise and is much deserved.

Your wip of this fantastic Profil 24 kit will become as reference point for many attempting to recreate this beautiful car in miniature, including me. You've solved many of the small issues, improved the cockpit no end and nailed the colour. Brilliant job.

Edited by The Sheene Machine
  • Like 2

Hi Jorgen,

Beautiful model :) My granddad worked on the Golden Arrow. I have a silver cigarette case with Golden Arrow inscribed on it and the date. It was given to him for all the work he did.

• Like 2

Great model and well done at the show!

The towing eye....I've seen a picture of with a small curved fairing that goes a few inches either side of centre,not the full width black strip. It looks like it slid over the eye or the eye is removed and then uses the existing 2 holes. Seagrave is sat in the car and looks like he's ready for a run.

I've seen another picture taken in 1929,during build. The towing eye is to the right (as said earlier) AND the fairing I described above. I can see the reason the eye was moved to the centre,for "equal pull".

Are you fitting the two black posts inboard of the front wheels? I think they must be a visual aid, I see your model has the holes for them.

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

Hi bzn20,

The two rods are screw jacks for lifting the car off it's wheels. There's another pair near the cockpit. There's a hefty screw thread at the bottom ends of the rods and spanner flats at the top. They're removed completely in normal use.

Sighting for running straight was via the telescope.

Dave

• Like 2

I hope you meant periscope. The distance would be growing already let alone magnifying it!

Absolutely stunning build and finish of an unusual model.

Well Done

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Jörgen

I didn't realize you had posted a WIP for this on BM. I first saw the video version P24 made while surfing around their website a year or so ago. I loved the build so much, I bought a kit and shall be shamelessly stealing all your additions and modifications. :D

• Like 2