Heller 1/72 Messerschmitt BF109E

tinytuco

Hi All,

The first of my 3 (yes 3 :mental:) builds will be the Heller 1/72 Messerschmitt BF109E....

First impressions of this kit don't seem too bad (for a kit older than I am - and not like the other two kits I'm building) the kit comes on 4 sprues and has the obligatory raised detail... The type of styrene used reminds me of recent new tool airfix kits - rather soft.... Seems to have minimal flash and a few nice details....

The kit will be built entirely out of the box (except maybe some nice new decals)

Please find all sprue shots etc below - and please keep your expectations low....... Very very low......... :thumbsup:

The Box:

DSC_01651.jpg

Sprue 1

DSC_01591.jpg

Sprue 2

DSC_01601.jpg

Sprue 3

DSC_01611.jpg

Sprue 4

DSC_01621.jpg

The canopy (looking very thick) and decals (looking very yellow - the photo compliments them.....)........

DSC_01641.jpg

Not forgetting the one sheet covers all instructions..............

6718c5b3-c465-4075-a01f-a50636c5e7e3.jpg

Any help and advice from those who have already built this kit would be appreciated....

However accuracy isn't one of my priorities - finishing this to a decent standard (hopefully......) is...............

Thanks

Tuco :winkgrin:

The type of styrene used reminds me of recent new tool airfix kits - rather soft....

That's surprised me because my Heller Arado has a rather hard plastic, you'd think with them being the same manufacturer and time period that the plastics used would be similar :blink: You live and learn.

That's surprised me because my Heller Arado has a rather hard plastic, you'd think with them being the same manufacturer and time period that the plastics used would be similar :blink: You live and learn.

Yeah Speedman it surprised me too...

However it won't stop me making a complete pigs ear of it....

• Like 1

Looking forward to this. I built this years ago as a captured example. Mine was in vivid blue plastic! As far as I am aware the only discrepancy in dimensions was that the nose was slightly squashed but not so much as to be immediately obvious.

Trevor

You could do it in Bulgarian Air Force markings as a stablemate to my Arado, and they are both Heller kits ;)

Found a lovely scheme over on Wings Palette... I think I'm getting a "thing" for these Bulgarian markings. I must resist building everything they flew! I must resist, I must...

195_1.jpg

• Like 1

Nice choice, a good selection of Heller kits in this GB :speak_cool:

Odd question but did I sell you this kit a while back? I had one of these and sold it on here ages ago. Its just the box with the price sticker on it looks familiar

Chris

Hi Christophe,

Yes I believe you did sell it to me - well over a year ago now!!!!

Hope i do it justice...

You could do it in Bulgarian Air Force markings as a stablemate to my Arado, and they are both Heller kits ;)

Found a lovely scheme over on Wings Palette... I think I'm getting a "thing" for these Bulgarian markings. I must resist building everything they flew! I must resist, I must...

195_1.jpg

That does look really cool in those markings......

Although I think i have my decals already lined up..

Edited by tinytuco